Parting ways

Daika (Night): Thanks for everything.

Jakuna (PKI): You're the one who asked me to this in the first place.

Daika (Night): Yeah, but thanks for agreeing to do it.

Jakuna (PKI): Right...I can sense a new light in you and in Daiko. You both just need to realize why there's a new light. I can't tell you.

Daika (Night): *nods* Got it. I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm sure Daiko will too.

Jakuna (PKI): Hm? Oh yeah...

Daika (Night): You okay?

Jakuna (PKI): Hm? Oh, yeah. Just remembered something...

Daika (Night): What?

Jakuna (PKI): None of your business. Tell him I send my regards.

Daiko (Night): You can tell me that yourself.

Jakuna (PKI): !! *punches him away and chases after him*

Daika (Night): *blinks* ...what's gotten with those two? *follows them*

Daiko (Night): *rubs his jaw* What's wrong—?

Jakuna (PKI): *opens portal behind him*

Daiko (Night): Woah woah woah! *crashes into a wall and lands on a couch* Oww...

Jakuna (PKI): *lands on the floor* Let me get one thing straight here. We are not anything. We do not have feelings towards each other. What we did was for fun. That's all it was. No strings attached got it?!

Daiko (Night): I...was just going to say you forgot your battle clothing. *held it up*

Jakuna (PKI): ...oh...Umm... *takes them* Right...

Daiko (Night): ...can I go home now.

Jakuna (PKI): Yeah...go right ahead. *steps out of the way*

Daiko (Night): *stands up and makes his way over the portal*

Jakuna (PKI): Wait.

Daiko (Night): Hm?

Jakuna (PKI): Thanks for...bringing my clothes.

Daiko (Night): *smiles* Of course. *waves to her* Thank you for...helping me take the next step of my grief.

Jakuna (PKI): *raises a brow* What would that be?

Daiko (Night): *turns to the portal* ...acceptance. *turns his head to see her* See you next time Daika calls for you. *steps through*

Jakuna (PKI): Hopefully not soon enough. *watches as the portal closes* ... *goes to her room as she sets aside her clothes and sits down* ... *blushes a bit* Why did I lash out like that? *shakes her head to make the blush go away* No time for that. I've got some training of my own to do.

[Night]

Daiko (Night): *flying back to the house until he sees Daika* Oh hey Daika.

Daika (Night): Hey. What was that all about? Are you two fighting for real again?

Daiko (Night): What? No no. I was just giving her clothes back. She forgot 'em was all. And uh...thanks.

Daika (Night): What for?

Daiko (Night): You did that for me right? You called Jakuna for help since you thought that was the way. For that I thank you.

Daika (Night): *smiles* Yeah...you're welcome. It's just...you seemed more in pain than I thought. Have you...forgiven her?

Daiko (Night): I did something better...I found acceptance. *looks to the sky* I might've lost something valuable... *looks at Daika* but what I have now is worth a lot to me.

Daika (Night): Aww, I feel the same. I forgave her for what she did and I'm glad you accept this new life you live.

Daiko (Night): Me too.

Darko (Night): Im glad you found it. Now my time has come.

Darka (Night): Our time has come. It seems they both have forgiven and accepted their greatest enemy.

Darko (Night): It's been quite the journey...Daiko. *fades away*

Darka (Night): I hope you will remember me...Daika. *fades away*

Daiko (Night): Gah! *holds his head* Agh!

Daika (Night): What's wrong—Ahh! *holds her head* What's going on?!!

Both's eyes then shined with a new light as both of their darkness faded away. They both looked at each other as they saw that they were covered in a new light.

Daiko (Light): What is this?

Daika (Light): I don't know. Darka, do you know anything? Darka?

Daiko (Light): *gasps* There's not another voice in my head. It's...quiet...nothing but my own thoughts.

Daika (Light): Oh...I'm gonna miss that voice. *sighs* What is this new feeling?

Daiko (Light): I don't know...but it feels as though...we've grown stronger.

Daika (Light): In what way?

Daiko (Light): Hmm... *smiles* We have found something truly special. Inner peace.

Daika (Night): Woah... *smiles* I like the sound of that.

Daiko (Night); Same here.

Crash!!

Daiko (Light): Hm?

Daika (Night): What's going on?

???: *was in super saiyan five and lands in front of them as he cracks his neck and powers up* Hello...old friend. Miss me?

Daiko (Light): Who are you?

Akumo (Nightmare): That's hurtful. It's me...your old pal, Akumo.

Daiko (Light): What...? What?!! I destroyed you.

Akumo (Nightmare): What's this about "inner peace?" It sounds sickening and impossible to believe. Even for her.

Daika (Light): What do you want?

Akumo (Nightmare): I want you to answer one thing: How?!! How did both of you manage to find inner peace? I had you scarred for life. Took away your families and left you for dead. How?

Daiko (Light): ... *inhales* ... *exhales* ...you want to know?

Daika (Night): I found happiness in another family.

Daiko (Night): Another chance.

Both (Light): And this new life...is worth fighting for.

Akumo (Nightmare): ... *smiles* Good...very good. *fades away*

Daika (Light): We did it...

Daiko (Light): We faced our demons.

They both faced each other as they nod. They flew back home where they'll live a new life with a new family.

                               The End