Chapter 12: Streber

"Oh, I love Phantom of the Opera! You're so lucky!" I exclaimed.
Honestly, I thought by now my crush on Kevin would have faded. But it hasn't. It's just growing stronger. I feel awkward around him.
But I still love talking to him. That may never change. He's funny and smart.
And he genuinely wants to hang out with me. That's pretty rare. I tend to go on and on about gore, and that tends to bother some people. That's understandable. But I love horror. And it can sometimes be difficult to come up with some other conversation topic. Because if I try to talk about something else, it'll be about vampires or Halloween.
Listen I'm not a creep, these are just really interesting things.
Sometimes I'll bring up the Lost Media Archive. And other times musicals. But that's about it.
I figured it would be difficult to hide the vampire costume I had planned for this year from my parents, so Bill Cipher was inevitable. I couldn't think of anything else at the time.
It's fine, though. I like Gravity Falls. Especially the triangle guy known as Bill Cipher. He's so cryptic and I love trying to come up with some sort of explanation for who he is, where he came from, and what his final goal really is.
"Jack, can we get lunch before we go to Spirit Halloween?" Kevin asked his brother.
"Fine, Kev." He said, avoiding talking to Kevin.
Kevin looked at Jack from behind, looking uncomfortable at the cold, empty answer.
He drove to a local burger joint, and we quietly walked inside. Not many people were inside, so we got to order immediately.
"Can I get a cheeseburger without pickles or onions, and a strawberry milkshake?" Kevin asked.
"Sure." The guy at the counter said.
"I don't need anything, you can order, Streber." Jack said coldly.
"Uh..could I have fries and a chocolate..." my voice trailed off. Behind the counter was an unmistakable devil mask.
He seemed to notice that I was looking at it, hid the mask, and gave me a haunting smile. "A chocolate.."
"A chocolate milkshake! Sorry.." I muttered.
"Coming right up!"
Was he who I thought he was, or was I just seeing things? It couldn't be. He couldn't have been that mysterious serial killer. He couldn't be...or could he..?
"Streber? You okay?" Kevin asked, touching my shoulder, trying to get me to snap out of whatever I was doing.
"Yeah..yeah. I'm fine." I answer. I looked at him. He looked concerned. Worried, even.
"Kevin, I'm fine. Don't worry about me."
"Are you sure? You look like you've just seen a ghost."
"Yeah, I'm okay."
I was not okay. I might be on this guy's hit list.