Chapter 41: Kevin

Streber and I both successfully graduated high school.
Meaning we were moving out.
I had a solid $210,000 from how much I had saved over the years. I sometimes wondered how that was even possible, but I was a man of many occupations in high school, and I rarely bought anything.
Radford and I had been planning on being roommates, and we convinced Streber to move in with us as well, and we bought a nice, small, but not crowded house.
Streber was accepted into a university which was a few blocks away from where we attended high school. He's taking a major in acting.
I was able to get by at the Candy Club. Being the current only employee paid off sometimes. It was stressful, and I knew I needed some help, but I made a decent amount of money.
And Radford got a job at the movie theater. Selling tickets. Why am I not surprised?
Jack was still a police officer, and from what I've heard, he's been doing a fairly good job. He's working with a guy named John. He's easily annoyed, but overall a good partner for Jack.
Streber and I figured out that Radford was a fan of the Gilmore Girls when Streber and I started season 5 together after a long day at work.
"Nope! No spoilers! I'm only on season 3!" Radford exclaimed.
Radford was a good roommate. He was probably the only actual mature adult in the house.
"You can't just get takeout every day, you two!" He'd say. "You know what? I'll make homemade mac and cheese tomorrow, how  about that?"
Radford's cooking was amazing.
If it weren't for him, we'd probably be dead from having too much sodium.
Streber hadn't smoked in months.
Things were going really well.
~~~~~
"Streber, I have to get up and get ready for work, you'll make me late."
"Hmm...5 more minutes..." Streber mumbled, his arms around me.
"You said that 25 minutes ago, I have to get up, hon." I wished I could stay here with him. But I have to make money. "You can keep sleeping if you want, you don't have class or rehearsal today."
Streber smiled. "I know, I just like spending time with you. It just seems like we don't get much of that because of my college classes and your job."
I smiled in return. "You can visit the Candy Club during my shifts, you know."
His face lit up. "I never thought about that!" He yawned. "I am pretty tired right now, though..."
I laughed. "Maybe we shouldn't stay up until three in the morning reading Alice Oseman novels, love. Sleep for as long as you need to."
Streber giggled. "Yeah, you're right...but in my defense, it was only until 2:30 because I was so concerned for Charlie I had gasped so loudly, Radford woke up and yelled at me."
I smiled in adoration. "My point still stands, honey. Get some rest. I love you."
"I love you too, Kev.."
I kissed him, and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.
Things were going a lot better than I thought they would.