Chapter 64: Kevin

"Radford, do you think we could visit him?"
Radford sadly smiled. "Well...we could go to the hospital, but I don't think the doctors will let us in his room just yet."
"I don't care, I want to be able to know if my Streber is going to survive or not!" I yelled. I immediately stopped myself from yelling. "Sorry..."
Radford sighed. "It's fine...you can go to the hospital, I need to see if my brother's okay..."
"O-okay..." I felt myself shaking. This couldn't be real. Why him? Why now? I should've taken the night off to help him at the haunted house. I should've been there to protect my Streber.
Radford tried to collect himself, and ran off to his mom's house.
And I was left there. Alone with my thoughts. Alone with only the knowledge that things were never going to be the way they were. Alone with the crushing realization that the most important thing in my life could've just been taken from me.

~~~~~~

I arrived at the hospital, frantically approaching the lady at the front desk.
"Can I help you, sir?" she asked.
"Where's my boyfriend? Is he okay? Is he alive?" I frantically asked.
"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down. What is your partner's name?"
"Streber..." I said, tears still streaming down my face.
"Alright," she typed something into her computer. "He just arrived not too long ago, doctors are still working on saving him."
"W-What happened to him?" I asked. "What injuries does he have?"
"That's classified information, sir, I really shouldn't tell you." She responded.
"I'm eventually going to find out anyway! Just tell me what happened to him.." I pleaded.
The woman hesitated. "There was a stab wound to the stomach, and his left forearm was torn off by force, and unfortunately cannot be recovered."
Oh, god...this is so much worse than I thought.
"Sir, you may sit in the waiting room, I will notify one of the nurses that a loved one of his is here so we can keep you posted." She said.
"A-Alright...thank you, ma'am..." I thanked her before sitting down, burying my face in my hands, and letting all of my tears out.