Chapter 82: Streber

I could only stare at Evelyn. I couldn't just forgive her right there. She's made my life a living hell. She made me hate myself. But...at the same time...she was trying to help. Until I was kicked out, that is.
"O-Okay..uh...I don't know...I can try...if you actually start acting like you actually care about me." I utter out. It was all I could think to say.
"Have you all forgotten about me?" Mom said angrily.
"Ah, piss off." Evelyn and I said in unison. We almost immediately made eye contact, and smiled.
Mom rolled her eyes. "I don't have time for this." She walked away.
"Also, uh...I was hoping that I could possibly go to your wedding..." Evelyn suggested.
I hesitated. I wasn't sure. But, I reluctantly responded with, "Sure, just...please 'forever hold your peace'" I joked.
She giggled. "Don't worry, I won't ruin your wedding." Evelyn looked at Kevin. "I can't think of a better guy for you to spend your life with than Kevin." She smiled. "I know how much he loves you, Streb...just..don't take that for granted, m'kay?"
I smiled at Kevin. "Never have...never will..." I hugged him with the one arm I still had.
I think the worst part about only having one arm is that I can't hug people normally. But, I still hugged Kevin like, all the time.
Evelyn smiled. "I-I'm glad..."
Maybe she was on the path of redemption.
~~~~~ (two days later)
I was in a dressing room, getting ready with Lila. I was spiraling.
"Getting married is huge! What if I end up becoming that one alcoholic with a closet full of divorce papers?" I asked, freaking out.
"Streber, I can guarantee that you and Kevin are staying together for a very long time." Lila reassured me.
"Yeah, but what if-"
"Nothing is going to happen, Streber."
I guess she was right. Kevin and I love each other more than anything. Nothing bad is ever going to happen between us.
"Thanks, Lila..." I said. I walked out of the small changing room, revealing a beautiful white suit.
"AAAAA! You look amazing!" She squealed. "Do you want me to help you with your sleeve?"
I smiled. "Yes, please!"
Wow. I'm getting married.
I would have never thought this would happen to me.
I always thought I'd die at 17 in an accident, or something.
But now I was 22, getting married to the sweetest guy I've ever met.