Chapter 55: Kevin

I feel like I should have been more worried about my leg, but Streber was sobbing right here in front of me.
What happened? Did he learn he had a daughter from an "experience" a few years ago? Did he relapse? Did something happen? Or was he just worried about me?
I didn't want to force him to say anything right away. So I just let him cry.
It didn't take long for the ambulance to arrive.
~~~~~~~~
The rest of the night was a blur. But I was up and walking the next day, so I guess that's good.
I was instructed not to do anything highly physical, like lifting heavy objects, running, or anything else like that.
I definitely needed some help at the Candy Club.
Streber and Radford checked to see if I was okay every 5 minutes, it seemed, when I was in the hospital.
Streber always looked at me with a pained expression when they saw me in my hospital bed. Like they were about to break down crying.
Radford was almost the same. Both of them were really that worried about me. But Streber seemed much worse.
When they thought I was asleep, I heard both of them talking.
"God, I'm such an awful boyfriend..." Streber sighed.
"Streber, you are not an awful boyfriend." Radford argued.
"Yes I am! I'm never able to protect Kevin from danger!" I could hear his voice becoming shaky.
Radford sighs. "That doesn't make you a bad boyfriend. You love Kevin, right?"
"Of course I do! More than anything else!" Streber responded.
"And I know for a fact that Kevin loves you. And I don't think he cares...all he wants is for you to be safe and happy." Radford reassured him.
I could hear Streber trying to say something, but he just began sobbing.
"H-hey, it's okay, come here..."
Is this what Streber was crying about earlier? He was scared that he wasn't a good boyfriend?
He wasn't just a good boyfriend. He's a perfect boyfriend.
I waited a few moments to open my eyes. I saw Streber crying, and Raford was comforting him.
"G-guys...?"
Streber looked in my direction. "Kevin! You're awake!" He wiped a few tears away.
"Streb, are you okay?" I softly asked.
"I'm fine, Kev..." he kissed me on the forehead. "How about you? How does your leg feel?"
"It doesn't hurt as much." I smiled.
He then gave me a warm, loving smile that always gave me butterflies in my stomach, even after we've been together for 4 years. "I'm glad..." he softly said.