Chapter 46: Streber

After Lydia finished her dinner, I took her to my room, where I had put her bed.
She fell asleep pretty quickly.
I've always loved cats. They remind me of Halloween, and they just have a certain charm to them.
My parents never liked pets, though. So I just had to live without them all my life.
But now I had Lydia.
I decided to check on Radford to see how he was doing with dinner.
"Hey Radford!"
"I know you're hungry, Streber, I'm almost done." Radford smiled.
"Is there anything I can help you with?" I offered.
"Nah, I'm fine, I'm nearly done." He reassured me.
Radford had a few new pins on his shirt. He loved collecting them.
The new pins included a duck with a knife, the Undertale logo, and an aromantic flag. They looked cool.
"Alright, see you in a few minutes." I said, leaving the kitchen.
I sat next to Kevin on the couch. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and I leaned on him. Kevin was the best boyfriend anyone could ever ask for.
"Should we start the movie?" I asked him.
"Yeah." He softly smiled. It made my heart melt.
He picked up the remote off of our coffee table, and turned on the TV, and eventually found Corpse Bride.
He then put down the remote and leaned on the couch. I rested my head on his shoulder.
Radford walked in with a couple bowls of mac and cheese. "I finished making dinner, here you two go." He gave both of us bowls of macaroni and cheese.
I kinda felt bad that Radford went through the trouble of making us dinner all the time, but he told me he enjoyed cooking, so I guess that makes me feel a little better.
"Thanks, Radford!" We both said.
"It's no problem!" He smiled. "I'm going to go to my room, okay? Have fun, you two."
"Yeah, you too." I smiled.
~~~~~~~
A few days later, it was opening night. I was really excited, but also really nervous.
I mean, I was playing the biggest part in the show.
I finished up my makeup, put on my wig, and anxiously waited for my first appearance on stage.

"Folks carry on, that's that. You're invisible when you're sad."
I walked on stage, saying my first line. "Holy crap. A ballad already? And such a bold departure from the original source material!"
And before I knew it, I was performing The Whole Being Dead Thing proudly. Performing was a lot of fun, but it could also be a little nerve wracking.
It went by pretty quickly. Before I knew it, it was intermission.
Jenna, the actress for Lydia Deetz, came up to me. "You're doing great out there, Streb!" She exclaimed.
"Aw, thanks, you too!" I said.
"You know, me and my friends were thinking of hosting a haunted house next Halloween, do you want to join us?" She offered.
"Sure, I would love to!" I said.