Chapter 36: Streber

Kevin had run off.
Heh..heh...
I scared the kid who didn't even fear Carmen.
I started laughing hysterically. What was wrong with me? Didn't matter much right now. God, I'm pathetic.
Mom looked at me, a mix of anger and despair.
"I'm done. I'm through with you." She muttered. "Pack your things, and get the hell out of my house."
Evelyn walked over to Mom. "Mom I-"
Mom coldly stared at her. "Nope. I'm not having that. That is no son of mine. He can rot in Hell."
Evelyn looked defeated.
I kept laughing.
I was definitely high.
~~~~~
I didn't take much. Just my phone, my fangs, some clothes, like some shirts and hoodies I liked, a few pairs of pants, a few pairs of boxers, some socks, and two pairs of shoes, my sketchbooks, some pot, my headphones, my laptop, my wallet, my car keys, and a framed photo of me and Kevin when we were still happy.
I put all the stuff in my backpack, and just as I tried to leave, Evelyn stopped me.
"I'm sorry..." she muttered.
I stuck my tongue out and shoved my middle finger in her face, and left, never, ever turning back.
~~~~~
Kevin wasn't at school the next day. I decided to go see Radford to ask him, but Radford seemed like he was about to punch me.
"Do you have any idea what you've done!? Kevin nearly died!" He screamed.
I froze. "Radford, what the hell are you talking about!?"
Radford started laughing. But it wasn't a happy laugh. It was an angry one.
"Don't play dumb!" Radford scoffed.
"I'm not playing dumb! I don't know what on earth you're talking about!" I yelled. "What happened to my boyfriend?!"
Radford calmed down a little. "He's in the hospital. Walked into traffic last night with a note in hand. Talked about you being a bit of a terrifying dickwad."
Oh...oh god...what have I done? What's wrong with me?
I felt like I was going to throw up. I couldn't believe I led Kevin to want to kill himself.
"I-is he dead..?" I asked Radford.
Radford shook his head. "No. Luckily, he just needed a few stitches and had a minor concussion."
Oh thank god, my Kevin's not dead.
But he probably hated me now, which is totally understandable. I'd hate me too. I already hated myself.
Wow. I threw my entire life away in one night.
I think that's a new record.