Chapter 66: Radford

I struggled to not cry as I raced to my mom's house. God, please don't let Streber die, he's such an important friend. He's gotten me through so much. I really don't want to lose him.
On my way back, I saw a tall man in a demon costume almost identical to mine. He had just been run over and shot multiple times. He was holding a bloody knife.
Is that...Bob Velseb? The runaway serial killer?
I guess that explained why Lila and Kevin were attacking me earlier.
I didn't have time to think about that right now. I had to see if Robert was safe.
I searched around, and sure enough, I found Robert with Ross. They were both safe, just talking to one another.
I began approaching them, but just as they noticed me, they started to look scared.
"Please don't hurt us dude, we have candy!" Robert exclaimed.
"Oh, wait, sorry." I took off my mask. "It's just me, Rob." I reassured him, trying to hide that I was crying.  "I'm glad you're okay...they just apprehended...well...you know..."
"Dude, you okay?" Ross asked. "Your eyes are puffy."
"Don't worry about it, Ross."
"What happened, Rad?" Robert walked a bit closer to me. "Have you been crying?"
I stood there, unmoving for a moment. I then hugged Robert, not saying a word.
"Radford...?" Ross approached me. "What's going on, dude?"
I didn't want to say anything. They're both only 14. I don't want to traumatize them, or whatever.
Robert hugged back. "Seriously, what's going on, Radford, you're scaring me."
The only thing I could get out was, "Streber, he's-He's..."
Ross looked at me with terror in his eyes. "You're not telling me that Streber's..." he paused. "That he's dead, are you?"
The Hatzgang sometimes came over to my place, and Streber and Ross had gotten rather close, but not in a weird way. They had sort of a brother-brother connection. They bonded over their love for Nirvana.
I couldn't bear to say anything else. Ross looked at me sadly. "You have to be joking, right? What happened?!"
"H-He was attacked..." I muttered.
Robert looked at Ross with a mix of pity and soul-crushing sadness.
"H-he can't be dead!" Ross yelled.
That's probably the first time I've seen him blow up. Or even show much emotion at all.
"W-we don't know yet, but..." I remembered seeing him on the stretcher. It seemed like there was more blood than human in that stretcher.
What am I going to do...?