Chapter 49: Kevin

(May contain Gilmore Girls spoilers)
After we had ordered pizza, half cheese and half pepperoni, we tried to find a movie while we waited for it to arrive.
"Birdbox?"
"I've seen that about a million times. The deaths are brutal, sure, but I've practically memorized it, so it's not as fun to watch anymore." He whined.
"Wanna just continue Gilmore Girls?" I asked, smiling at him.
"Okay!" He happily replied.
We started episode 4 of season 5.
Most couples have a song. We have a show.
"Now, this may be controversial, but I don't like Dean very much." Streber said, focusing on the TV during a scene where Dean's helping out at the Inn.
"What, why not?" I chuckled.
"Okay, don't get me wrong, he was an amazing boyfriend at first, but I just think he's too possessive. Rory is going to have friends that are guys, and Dean wouldn't let that happen and guilt trip her for it. Did you see how on edge he was when Jess was first put into the mix?"
"Love, Rory liked Jess."
"Not at first. But Dean never liked him around Rory, even before she had feelings for him. And plus Dean woke up and realized he still loved Rory the night before he got married, and he only got married because he was moving way too quickly in he and Linsey's relationship, and didn't listen to Rory when she said 18 is way too young an age to be getting married." He explained.
I smiled and chuckled. "I guess you're right, honey. I guess I never really thought about it like that."
"Lorelai will always be my favorite character. She reminds me of...myself." He smiled. "I like characters like that."
For those of you who don't know, Lorelai is Rory's mom, and one of the main protagonists in the series. She had Rory when she was 16, and it wasn't long before she ran away from her parent's house. Her parents are extremely rich, and frankly, they're snobs.
She works at the Dragonfly Inn, which she and her best friend, Sookie, opened together.
In order to get Rory through high school, she had to go to Friday Night Dinners with her parents in return for them paying for the expensive school. Lorelai hated these with a passion. It almost always ended in an argument.
Also, every day, she goes to Luke's Diner for coffee. She's rather close to the guy who runs the place, Luke Danes.
"Well, I guess I can be the Luke to your Lorelai." I jokingly said.
"Oh my god that would be perfect!" Streber laughed.
The doorbell rang, and I got up off the couch to open the door. The pizza was here.
"Thanks, how much do I owe you?" I asked the delivery guy.
"$10.50, would you like your receipt?"
"No thanks!" I pulled out my wallet to give him the money. "Here you go."
He handed me the pizza. "Thank you, sir."
I took the pizza inside, then me and Streber spent the rest of the night eating pizza and watching Gilmore Girls.