Chapter 72: Radford

(I'm sorry this is short)
(And it's the final chapter in Radford's pov)
(The rest will just be Kevin and Streber)
(This part just needed some Radford angst lmao)

I had completely forgotten that my sister had to be taken to the hospital the next morning. She would be getting her "official diagnosis". I didn't like the sound of that.
I've grown to hate being around hospitals. I'm not scared of blood, needles, doctors, or any of that, don't get me wrong.
It's just that it's depressing. It makes you think of life as fragile. You see people having the best day of their lives, the worst day of their lives, people having the first day of their lives, and people having the last day of their lives.
And people I love always end up there. Streber's there right now, Kevin was there a few years ago, my sister was going there now(and I think I already know what's going on with her), and...Robert...
I remember those months all too well.
Robert was having unexpected fevers, night sweats, and unintentional weight loss. He was only 6 at the time. I was 12.
Eventually, we took him to the hospital to figure out what was going on.
But...after a lot of testing, the doctor told us something that I'll never forget.
"Robert has stage two cancer. But if we don't act fast, it'll spread. We'll have to schedule a surgery to attempt to remove it before there are any long-term effects."
Even if it was highly likely that he was going to make it, those words felt like I had been told that Robert had died right there.
But, he eventually got the surgery, and he fully recovered after a few months. I don't know why that still bothers me so much. He's fine. But...I don't know. I kinda feel like it was somehow my fault, even if that's entirely impossible.
I told my mom that I couldn't go because I had work, which was a lie. I had the day off. But I didn't want to walk into a hospital.
I didn't feel like sobbing again.
(End of part 7)