Chapter 51: Kevin

It was Halloween again. They've started to actually feel normal again since Arnold's death.
Which made me glad. Streber felt happy around this time of year for the first time in a while.
He would be working at a haunted house tonight, and I had a shift at the Candy Club, so we sadly wouldn't be spending most of the night together, but we were planning on watching horror movies and cuddling when we both arrived home.
"I'll see you later tonight, Kev!" Streber said as he was about to leave for his shift at the haunted house.
"I'll see you soon, honey." I kissed him. "I love you."
"I love you too, Kevin." He replied. "Oh! I'm going to be late! Bye!" He made his way to the door.
"Bye, Streb! Be safe!"
"I will, honey!"
And he left. I had about 15 minutes before I had to head to the Candy Club, so I decided to take a short Power Nap.
But then I had that stupid nightmare again. Streber. Lifeless. In front of me.
I woke up in a cold sweat. Tears were streaming down my face. It hurt even more every time I had the nightmare. It always felt more and more real.
I couldn't lose him. He means everything to me. He's been right there by my side since we were 14. And I love him more than anything.
Sure, we were both only 19 years old, but he was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
His death would probably break me. No, not probably. It would shatter me.
I sighed, got up, put on my uniform, and made my way to the Candy Club.
I was terrified about Streber. I was certain that something was going to happen to him.
~~~~~
The infamous "Hatzgang", aka Roy, Ross, and Robert, walked in.
They got their candy and paid.
"Thank you so much! See you soon!" I exclaimed, trying to sound cheerful.
"Yo, thanks, man!" Robert thanked me happily.
The trio walked away, and I smiled at them, until I noticed some candy that wasn't paid for in Roy's back pocket.
"Stop, right there!" I yelled.
Roy looked at his friends, an evil smirk across his face. "Run, guys!" He yelled.
"Oh, no you won't!" I grabbed a small object off of the counter and threw it in their direction.
But they'd already left, and I hit a woman with green hair, wearing a red dress.
I ran over to her. "Oh, ma'am, I'm sorry, I was just trying to hit the kid-" Well that sounded a lot better in my head.
She started to leave the store, an angry look on her face.
"Please, ma'am, I'm sorry!" I ran after her. Once I was certain that she wasn't going to come back, I stood there, defeated.
I groaned, but it was just then that I had noticed my brother and John standing right there in uniform. They didn't look happy.
"Oh, officers! Nice to meet you again! Want more candy?" I said in a panicked voice.
That was idiotic. I know.
Jack just stared at me for a couple of seconds.
"A kid lost this doll. You find a kid, just give it to them." He said, handing me a creepy looking doll. It was a Happy Fella. I'd seen them around. I never liked those. Something was off about them.
Jack tossed it to me, and I quickly responded with, "Oh! Of-Of course I will! No problem with that!" I chuckled nervously.
Jack looked slightly annoyed. "And stop getting into trouble."
And he was off. And I was stuck with this doll. Great.