Chapter 48: Streber

It felt like mere minutes until the show was over. I had to rush to the doors of the theater for meet and greets, and I couldn't get out of it, considering I was playing Beetlejuice himself.
I stood near the door, putting on the raspy voice I had throughout the show so I wouldn't throw off the illusion, or whatever.
Until I saw Evelyn.
And she saw me.
"Streber-"
"Evelyn, this isn't a good time!" I angrily whispered.
She just sighed and walked off.
I hated that I was so forceful, but I wanted tonight to be happy.
I saw Kevin jogging over to me with a huge smile on his face.
"You did amazing, honey!" He exclaimed, hugging me.
I giggled. "Aww, thanks, sweetie..." I blushed. I thought I did pretty well, so I was glad to hear the positive feedback.
"I mean it, love. You were perfect tonight." He smiled at me in adoration, and my heart melted.
"Awww honeyy..." I blushed.
Kevin giggled lovingly. "What time do you think you'll be home?"
"Once everyone leaves, which will probably take a while, heh..." I held his hand. "I love you so much, Kevin.."
He hugged me tightly. "I love you too, Streber. I should probably get back home, though, so, I'll see you soon, honey." He kissed me on the nose, and he was on his way.
I smiled as I watched him walk away. I was really lucky to have him in my life.
A woman with purple hair and a dark purple dress approached me. "Holy crap, you were amazing!" She exclaimed.
"Why, thank you, ma'am." I said in the raspy voice I used in the show.
Wow. People actually like my acting. I never really thought I'd see the day.
~~~~~~~
"I'm home!" I exclaimed as I walked through the door.
I saw Kevin in the living room playing with Lydia. I smiled and headed in their direction.
"Looks like she's finally getting comfortable." I said as I walked into the living room.
"Yeah, she is." He was holding a small toy that looked like a fishing pole and had a small stuffed mouse attached to the end. "Hey Streb." He gave me a quick kiss. "How did the meet and greet go?
"It went well! Pretty much the entire audience wanted a picture with me, or something." I smiled. "I almost thought I'd never get home."
"Well I'm glad you did." He laughed lovingly. "I told you that you did a great job tonight, Streb."
I smiled. "Hey, where's Radford? Is he still at work?"
Kevin nodded.
"Pizza?" I asked with a huge grin.
"Pizza." Kevin replied.