Chapter 21: Kevin

Streber and I have been dating for a little less than a year now. We've known each other for just under 2 years. And I could tell when he was anticipating something. This morning he ran up to me, smiling, shaking his hands, which were in fists, happily.
"You're in a good mood." I said.
"My older brother is coming back from his mission in a week! I'm so excited to see him!"
Streber had told me about his brother. Arnold was his name. He had always been more of a father figure to Streber, sometimes even having to make dinner for him because his mom deliberately didn't make enough food to give to Streber, hoping nobody would end up noticing.
But Arnold always did, and he'd make Streber hot cocoa, a small bean and cheese burrito, and fries, because that's usually all he had to work with.
Arnold had been on his mission for 3 years, and had recently been asked to come back, but his flight was delayed a few days, so he had to stay in New Zealand a few more days.
Streber couldn't wait to see him again.
And I really wanted to meet him. He seemed friendly. And from what I heard, he supported Streber in everything he enjoyed and was. I liked that. He was so lucky to have siblings that cared for him so much.
Jack is still dating that girl, Emily was her name, so Jack and I haven't talked much. All I know is that Jack's working in a Target for the next year before he goes into training to become a police officer, and that Emily is emotionally draining. She checks his phone every few days, whenever he does something undesirable, she slaps him, and she can always be heard shouting. It was abusive. But I wasn't sure how to convince Jack to break up with her.
Because whenever I tried, he'd yell at me, saying that he loved her and that I shouldn't try to dictate his life.
What happened? We used to be so close.
But I was happy for Streber. He deserved loving siblings. Especially because of his broken relationship with his parents.
"That's great, Streb!" I pulled him into a hug. When we pulled away, Streber looked really happy and excited. He always looked so cute.
Now, I wish I could say Streber got a happy ending with his brother, but...