Chapter 67: Kevin

(Short Chapter)

I was sitting in the waiting room, dreading an update. I wanted nothing more than for him to be in my arms, safe and alive.
I was there for...probably hours before a nurse came up to me. "You're here for Streber, right?"
I nodded. "Is he going to be okay?" I choked back tears.
She looked at me, and hesitated.
"Is he okay!?" I asked again.
"Streber is in a coma. We're doing everything we can, but he's not expected to make it. We will still try our best until..." she didn't finish the sentence, but I knew what she meant.
"N-No..." I softly whispered. "Can I see him?"
"I'm afraid not, sir. He's not stable enough yet." She replied.
"He's my boyfriend! And he's probably dying! I might not get the chance to ever see him again!" I got up and stood defensively.
"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down. We're doing everything we can to save him." She said calmly. "I'm afraid we cannot let anyone in his room for the time being. Kevin's your name, right?"
"Yeah, what does that have to do with anything?"
"Well, I'm not sure if I should be telling you this, but before Streber slipped unconscious, he kept asking us if you were okay."
This made my eyes fill up with even more tears. We was worried about me? His arm was ripped off and he was stabbed, but it was me that worried him?
But...like this lady said...he's most likely going to die. I don't want to lose him. I can't lose him. God, what's wrong with me? Why couldn't I have been there to save him? I'd never see his cute smile again. I'd never wake up and beg to be able to go to work, but he's adamant about remaining in my arms. I'd never hear his soft, sweet voice again. I'd never hear his cute laugh again. I would never...see the man I love more than anything else ever again.
I'm going to kill whoever did this to him. I don't care if I get arrested, or if someone tries to stop me. I want them dead for what they did to the love of my life.