Chapter 3

Jai's POV

Rishi finally let go of me as he went looking for his car keys, so I made my way outside to his car.

As much as what the said had stung, they were right. My heat was painful and I had to miss school because of it. My combat training wasn't taken seriously so instead of training with the pack I trained separately with Rishi. I was an anomaly. A sore thumb sticking out in an otherwise illustrious family history.

My parents come from a long line of healers and scientists. They were so proficient and widely known that Alpha Loughlan had specifically requested them from the Chandra Pack back in India, which Alpha Faizal begrudgingly agreed to in the name of diplomatic ties. He wasn't happy to see them go, but Chandra pack was renowned for healers so the loss wasn't unrecoverable.

My brother a strong alpha who shifted at the mere age of 7 and was a battlefield prodigy. He possessed natural leadership and charisma. It didn't hurt that he was easy on the eyes too.

Compared to them I was a dunce. I had a thin slightly muscular body with a heart shaped face and a silky brown hair that fell on my forehead. Ok I will admit I was hot. Like sometimes when I look myself in the mirror at my round bubble butt, long graceful limbs and lithe thighs I whistled. But I couldn't show it off. Not with so many alphas running around with their noses in the air. I couldn't attract anymore attention.

Omegas are basically walking perfume bottles for them full of bewitching and intoxicating aromas that make the blood rush to their groins and out of their brains. If the Omega's scent was strong enough or he was in heat, Alphas could be driven into a wild mating sexual frenzy.

To prevent that from happening I wore mostly demure clothes that let me merge into the background and not stick out. I also used human perfumes to alter my smell and take pheromone suppressing medication.

Since I can't flaunt my beauty, I'm basically nothing, atleast in the pack's eyes. No prestige, no respect, in fact I brought negative to the table by being a nuisance because of my painful heat, which my parents worried about and fussed over to no end. The sleepless nights my mom spent in my room to comfort me only added to my guilt.

I was a good student however, especially in Biology and Chemistry. I loved gardening and growing rare medicinal plants in our gardens. I meticulously maintained well kept journals which contained information on effects of medicinal plants and treatments for injuries. Since I can't wolf couldn't help the pack much, I was determined to be an invaluable addition by bringing my knowledge and scruples to the table.

I wish I could make you all proud and your lives easy. I wish I could make the pack recognise my worth. I have so much to offer.

I was marinating in my solitude beside the front door of Rishi's car with an arm draped over the roof, when I heard Sameer's voice as he headed toward me.

"Hey! I just wanted to apologise. They were way out of line and I'll talk to them once I get home. I just didn't want to make a scene and upset you further." He rubbed the back of his neck tiredly. His pecs moved as he raised his arms and his shirt stick to him even tighter highlighting his toned abdomen.

A little too ripped for my taste. I like a man with some roundness. But delicious none the less.

I was touched by how he defended me in-front of his parents despite meeting me for the first time. He truly was a decent person. Not only that I was impressed how he de-escalated a tense situation by merely laughing. His laugh was just disarming, this man radiated calmness.

Goddess, I love a man who can resolve a conflict without resorting to anger. So powerful yet so precise. Like an alligator's mouth, it has the power to crush the skull of a gazelle but is so delicate and careful while handling its babies. You can trust them with your life even in the most precarious positions.

"That's fine. I'm sure hearing about my heats was punishment enough lol" I tried a joke to diffuse the awkwardness.

He kept his hands on either side of my face and closed the distance between us so that our dicks were almost touching, and my nose was definitely touching his rippled chest. He never broke eye contact with me. He smelled like cinnamon and mint with a hint of firewood. His scent was alluring, making me inhale it in a deep breath, as he lowered his nose to the nook of my shoulder and whispered in my ear "Not at all! I'm very interested in your heats and would love to know how you manage them"

I shuddered at the implication. Placing my hands on his pecs trying in vain to push him back. I could push him if I wanted to but my hands were melting on contact with his chest.

He smirked when he noticed me trying to push him back. "Aww does my little Omega want to be left alone? Do you not want me to take care of you?"

I lowered my head in an attempt to conceal the fact that I was blushing.

MY LITTLE OMEGA

We literally met an hour ago. How can he just call me his? He's just like other alpha. Why can't there be a pick-me alpha boy who is not like other alphas?

He lifted my chin up with his hands clasped around my face, beckoning me to look up.

His hands are like an alligator's jaw.

"Look at me when I talk to you baby. I don't like your eyes cast to the ground. Always look me in the eyes. Always"

He continued guiding my face towards his till I was on my toes looking directly into his eyes, my lips brushing against his.

"I want to make everything as pleasurable for you as I can"

His breath smelled like chocolate. Does this grown ass high school senior drink chocolate milk?

I wasn't going down that easy. I confidently maintained eye contact with his bewitching honey brown pupils, while tracing my fingers along his arm. From his wrist to his bulging biceps to this strong jaw.

"Well if you're that interested then lemme tell you. My heat's a bitch..." I dropped my hand from his jaw to grab the round neck of his black t-shirt and pulling him to me in a jerk. I wanted him to know I was not dismantling in his hands.

"....and so am I' I said kissing the side of his mouth, eliciting a low growl from him. I could hear the jingling of keys from inside the house.

Perfect timing.

I instantly pushed Sameer away. Time to be a menace.

"Ofcourse you can sit in the front Sameer my brother will tell you everything about the school. Don't worry I'll sit in the back. And don't feel apprehensive about settling in, Rishi will be happy to keep you company the entire day since you are both seniors." I loudly proclaimed for Rishi's benefit as he stepped out from the house while opening the door for Sameer.

"Yeah not a problem buddy I'd be glad to show you around. You can tag with my group all day don't even worry about not fitting in. I won't let you out of my sight" Rishi reassuringly said.

Yes Rishi be a good host. It's only right

I slowly made my way towards the back leaving behind a seething Sameer against the open door of the passenger seat. His face looked like he went through all seven stages of grief instantaneously.

But soon the corner of his mouth moved up in the same saccharine plastic smile I'd seen earlier.

"You're too kind" he politely said while running a hand through his hair and getting in the car. As soon as he sat down, he gave me a challenging smirk in the rear view mirror. I knew what it meant.

I like games little Omega.

Correction.

My little Omega.

I blew him a little kiss.

We kept making eyes at each other throughout the trip while Rishi droned on about the classes and extra-programmes, completely oblivious to the eye footsie going on in the rear view mirror.

My brother can be so dense.