Chapter 20 (TW)

TRIGGER WARNING: CONTEMPLATION OF S*ic*de

Jai's POV

All I could hear was my heart thumping wildly as I ran home not caring to wait for the bus. It was rude of me to drop the birthday celebration planned by my friend but I don't think anyone can hold it against me when my Boyfriend and Best friends just found out they are mates.

It stung. It really fucking stung to be honest. I had found someone who I liked and who liked me, shared the same morals and activities as me, shared the same humour, treated me kindly. Someone who I had CHOSEN to be my mate but I wasn't allowed to be with him cause some stupid old ass bitch on the moon said so.

I pulled up to my house still in a mad dash, and opened the door with the key. I ran up straight to my bedroom disregarding Rishi watching a movie in the living room.

"Bromega are you ok?" He yelled from the living room. I didn't respond but tore my jacket from my body and carefully hung it in my wardrobe, I then removed all the clothing on my body and dashed out the house.

"JAI YOURE NAKED" Rishi said following for a bit but I turned around to growl at him before shifting into my wolf form. He stayed back and held his arms in the air.

"Sorry Bromega. Where-"

I completely lost him as I ran in my wolf form towards the one place I could find solace. I wanted to shift and run away the moment I realised they were both mates but that would have ruined my pink BabyPhat Cam'ron jacket. And I had just lost a boyfriend I could not lose a fabulous outfit too.

Nyx mumbled something but I didn't hear it. I had completely blocked him from my mind. It was all his fault anyway. His fault that I was bullied for days, his fault that my brother feels immense guilt for an accident he couldn't have stopped, his fault that my dad is scared to lose face, his fault that my mom fears for me, his fault that Peter and Miranda from English were in Hospice.

I stopped hot on my paws as I reached my destination and dove straight through the wooden doors into the Lunar Hut, shutting it behind me.  No one but me can handle the aura of the Meteorite that it housed so no one can enter it. I can be by myself here.

I tightened my fist and brought it down onto the meteorite again and again and again. The barrages of my punches was only cracking my knuckles shooting sharp pains in my hands but I didn't care I wanted to feel pain, maybe it would help numb what I was feeling on the insides.

"FUCK YOU MOON BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO DECIDE ANYTHING? AND YOUVE ALWAYS HAD IT OUT FOR ME SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN. MADE ME AN OMEGA, GAVE ME PAINFUL HEATS, MADE MY FAMILY THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE PACK. AND THE ONE GOOD THING THAT I HAD CREATED FOR MYSELF. THE ONE PERSON I WANTED TO GIVE MY HEART TO. THE ONE ALPHA WHO I THOUGHT WOULDN'T HURT ME YOUVE TAKEN HIM FROM ME AS WELL" I cursed at the sky as I was crying so intensely that I ran out of breath.

"YOU WERE LAUGHING AT ME THE WHOLE TIME WERENT YOU? YOU OLD UGLY CONNIVING LITTLE VIPER. I'LL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS YOU HEAR ME? YOUVE RUINED MY LIFE ILL RUIN YOURS"
I cried even harder and I could feel Nyx trying to claw his way into my psyche but the last thing I wanted to see was him. He did all this.

Humans envy werewolves for our strength, acute senses, resilience and healing but what they don't understand is the price you have to pay is complete submission to the moon goddess. She decides how you're going to live your life. She decides your mates. If she chooses a raging alcoholic who is abusive for you, you have to abide by that. You can always break or refuse to acknowledge a bond, but that weakens you within an inch of your life. You can't even kill your mate, doing so will immediately kill you. But If your mate dies not by your hands then you don't feel the same effects and can recover. Werewolves are just pawns in the larger game played by the whims and fancies of the Moon Goddess. She's not some altruistic maternal figure who wants what's best for her children, she does what entertains her. I hate being a werewolf. It has brought me nothing but pain. If I was a human I could choose my mate. I could be with them without having to worry about the bond. A bond than I can make on mutual trust and communication will be stronger than any that decrepit old hag strikes between mates. I'd be rid of Nyx as well, who honestly holds me back more than he helps me. He's easily submissive to the Alpha voice, he hates confrontation, he's always ALWAYS crying about shit. Like stfu pls.