Chapter 5

Jai's POV

I felt a sharp pain in my back which I deduced came from the lock of locker I was currently being thrust against digging into my back.

"Hhmph" I whimpered focused on protecting the beakers I held in my hands against falling as Shane held me by the collar with one hand.

Shane Wiler was the resident bully alpha who loved roughing up other kids in our grade because puberty hit him a little early. Emphasis on the Hit because he did look like Roadkill.

His eyes were too far apart. His hairline was fucked up. His face always had a stupid expression. His biceps were massive but in a Michelin Man kinda way. His teeth were crooked. His personality was nasty. But worst of all, his eyes carried a singularly hollow expression, like looking into keyholes.

There's not a single critical though behind those orbs is there?

"Hey Fartface! You're looking like a dumbass today" He laughed and knocked the beakers out of my hand.

I internally cringed. I'd be so ashamed as a bully if my insult game was so weak. Although I don't know what I was expecting, the guy has the sophistication of an ingrown nose hair.

I looked at my beakers all shattered on the floor and sighed sadly. I needed them for my project and I'll have to get new ones.

If only Chanyeol were here. He'd have his foot on Shane's fat neck.

But he was on a fishing trip with his dad.

"What's wrong runt? Too chicken to fight back?"

Time put Rishi's training to use, I smiled internally. In a flash, I stepped on Shane's foot taking him by surprise causing him to loosen his grip. Taking the opening, I manoeuvred to run away, but soon slipped and fell.

Damn it's the glass shards from the beakers.

Before I could get up again, I was lifted and thrown against the lockers again, falling into the wreckage of the beakers. I winced in pain as glass dug into my skin.

"HOW FUCKING DARE YOU! YOU PISS POOR RUNT OF A WOLF!" Shane thundered at me, his face fuming with rage losing all its earlier cheery cockiness. His eyes now screamed murder.

He started kicking me against the locker even as I doubled over in pain. The first one knocked the wind out of me. I tried to shield myself but to no avail. There was no stopping the Alpha boy's rampage.

"YOU PATHETIC WASTE DON'T EVER THIMK YOU CAN LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME"

Even to a bottom of the barrel alpha like Shane, having an Omega resist you was unacceptable and a bruise to their pride. And when you challenge an Alpha's pride, they will throw hands even if it kills them.

"I'm sorry Shane I won't do it again" I pathetically whimpered, appealing to his wolf that I had learnt my lesson. Offering my submission.

He gave me one last kick before he stopped and pulled me up by my hair.

"REMEMBER WHERE YOU BELONG" He spat in my face before letting me fall, leaving me alone.

The students around me went about their merry way as if nothing happened. It's not that they were afraid of Shane, he was at the bottom of the alpha ladder, they didn't think they should offer any help. One girl in black combat boots stepped over my injured body nonchalantly without offering me a second glance.

I'll need to get to the Nurse's office by myself.

I somehow got up but my backpack was too heavy to carry. "It can't be helped" I said as I set it on the ground, "I'll just come back for it later".