Chapter 35

Jai's POV

Warmth. Once more.

I woke up feeling like I was wrapped in a burrito. Like when you go to the Burrito shop and there's an old lady behind the counter and YOU KNOW she's gonna tie that shit up all tight and not a single grain of rice will fall out of place while you eat it so you tip her extra before you leave cause she's doing God's work? I was that burrito.

The hands that were wrapped around my waist and the warm body that attached to the arms were warm and cosy.  It felt so good to be hugged that tightly and I could feel someone breathing into my neck which made me purr like a cat.

Dominic must've killed me and now I'm in heaven.

I turned around and burrowed into my mystery man's chest to make myself more comfortable and felt him stir a bit. Not wanting to wake him up, I just nuzzled against his chest and took a deep breath.

Campfire. Just like I like it.

Dominic smelt like this too.

.......

......

......

It him, isn't it.

"Uhhggh WHHHHYYYY" I whined in a super nasal annoying voice which perfectly reflected my inner state of utter dejection and turmoil. I hugged Dominic closer and started rubbing my nose in his chest to take his smell in. He felt so good.

"I literally hate you like...uggghhg" I whined again cause I'm just so fucking done like. I'm so tired confused rattled and I've had it. Like i don't even care bro like this is too much.

"Whyyyyyyyyyy...." I cried. Again, the nasal cry I do when I'm just DONE. Like it's over for us.

"Hey. Is everything alright?" Dominic asked me waking up suddenly. Exactly what I needed at the moment the feral werewolf who wants to kill me but smells like roasting marshmallows waking up with easy access to me so he can kill me which he so badly wants to.

And I'm so over it like.

I gave him my best whimper in response. Like an 8/10 on the nasality scale and 7/10 on the fuck this shit scale. Like I can't describe to you with words how hopeless I was. Like I was over it.

"Jai what happened? Look at me please" he said gently lifting my head up to look at his confused but concerned expression. His rich black eyes carried so much care in them (fake probably) and the scar across his nose twitched with it as he placed his hand on my forehead to check my temperature.

"You don't seem to have a fever."

Oh so now he cares.

It was at this point that I burst into tears. Like the Kim Kardashian's crying meme tears. Like the ugly crying you do when you're tired. I wasn't sad, I was angry and tired and I just wanted to have a good cry. I'd usually go back to my room and enjoy my cry in isolation but I had no choice but to cry in his presence.

"Jai tell me what's wrong?" Dominic frantically asked getting up and gathering me in his arms as he sat back. I felt fabric on my ass that wasn't sheets so that means we didn't fuck.

A bit of good news I suppose.

"Jai please tell me how to help you" he said looking like the handsome concerned well intentioned second lead of a romantic movie that is just the perfect man but who the girl still dumps to be with an absolute asshole cause he "isn't exciting enough". Like girl he is literal perfection and you're leaving him to be with a self involved narcissist?