Chapter 22

Dominic's POV

The next person I lay my hands on will die an excruciating death.

I was running through the Deepwoods separating our territory and that of the pathetic Moonstone Pack. This pack was such a nuisance that I wish I could just single handedly tear through their ranks. Crush them like the bugs they were, but sadly the Elder Council stood in my way. King I was but I was also a disciplined soldier. Rules and traditions were in place for a reason and should be followed.

Why don't you admit it kid you're just a coward. Darius taunted me.

Shut up

A real overlord would've put the council in their place, minus a head or two. Darius snickered like it was the funniest joke ever.

Stop it Darius. I need to focus.

You're such a weakling. I offer you my unbridled power and get you do nothing with it?

My breathing quickened as my body started to heat up. Usually I can control Darius' takeover but right now, with how long the war had taken, how many lives I had taken, how many comrades I'd seen put down how much carnage I had wrecked onto the wereworld I could only feel one thing.

Satisfaction.

There's the King I know. Said Darius engulfing me in his aura

Being the imperial prince my life was a lot of just sitting around and doing nothing. The matters of the state bored me, but they were something I had come to master. The diplomatic visits were endless and droned on for hours boring the life out of me. Training was something I could pass onto my Beta (who by the looks of things was an utter disappointment). There was simply no action at the court. I felt so empty so unfulfilled.

It was my fault really that I even had to put on the crown. My elder brother the idiot that he was would've freed me from a lot of these responsibilities had he been alive but he got ahead of himself, he thought being the Eldest would give him the throne. It does not. Power begets the throne. And as he had none, It was only fitting that I take it from him but I didn't.

I was going to mind my business going away somewhere in the Everest gutting stray campers for fun but he was so threatened by me that the bastard put out a warrant for my arrest like I was some petty criminal who would just present myself to him at his feet.

How disrespectful, very unbecoming of a brother.

I soon had him captured, an easy feat considering how unpopular he had become due to his excessively suspicious nature. Nobody's ever heard from him since. Well nobody but me.

I hear him alright, screaming from the deep well, writhing in pain and agony as my men proceeded to rip out his nails one-by-one. Then they proceeded to gouge out his eyes with hot pokers and rip out his tongue. The screams were thrilling and I roared in dominance and rigour. It was then, that I entered the well and ripped him from limb to limb. Goddess it felt good, the felling of his bones snapping and tendons tearing under my claws. I hate the cunt, I truly hated the weakling.

DARIUS GET OUT OF MY HEAD. I said as I forced him out of my head.

Darius, my wolf was a powerful magical creature but driven by ambition and bloodlust. He could easily take over especially while I was sleeping which is why I rarely slept. And when I did I woke up to some horrific accident I had caused while sleep walking. I had never wanted to kill my elder brother despite all the shit that he'd put me through to make sure I could never be a viable threat to him. But when he ordered my arrest and execution I saw red. This man that I had promised to serve and protect was sanctioning my death for no apparent reason. I lost all control that day and ended up committing the sin of regicide.