Chapter 54 (M)

Nyx's POV

"See this colour would totally wash you out" I said holding a salmon coloured shirt up at Chanyeol.

"Cmon!.... I like it." Chanyeol said staring himself and the shirt in the mirror, feeling the soft silk of the shirt.

"What do you think?" Chanyeol asked turning to Sameer, who had put on a pair of giant sunglasses. He frowned from behind them. The price tag of the sunglasses dangled onto his nose making him look ridiculous. Sameer didn't reply but just draped his arm around Chanyeol, kissing him on the cheek. He kept kissing him wordlessly.

"Meer....what...are you doing?" Chanyeol said in between the kisses being showered upon him by Sameer. "Just...what...do you think?"

"Let it go babe"

Sameer whispered softly taking the shirt from Chanyeol's hands and putting it back on the rack.

"HAHAHAH" I ijbol-ed so hard as Chanyeol pouted and Sameer continued to kiss him.

One would think that hanging out with my ex and his boyfriend, who happens to be my best friend would be weird and uncomfortable, that I'll feel hurt watching them act all lovey-dovey....

But it didn't.

I really didn't care.

If anything, watching them act couple-y reminded me how beautifully mundane life can be with the right person. How comfortable and unremarkable, like just shopping for clothes with friends on a random Tuesday evening.

As soon as we had gotten to the mall, we hit the gaming arcade for some sweet Mario Kart. The ranking was as follows:

1. Me
2. Chanyeol
3. 4th NPC
4. Sameer

Sameer loser fr. Jai said.

After playing a bunch of other games where Sameer lost consistently and continuously we went upto the massage place. Oh it was so good all the tension in my body melted away, the knots cleared up, the joints loosened up and skin softened. I felt alive in such a long time.

Another thing I noticed was how no one stared at me, no one approached me weirdly, everyone kept their respectful distance. I had gotten used to unwanted attention from Alphas in the pack, which was just a complete 180 from my teenage experience. But no one bothered to even look in my direction with two powerful Alphas walking on either side of me. I felt safe, and COULD relax.

Because I trusted them. Not because they were Alphas.

That's a point against them actually. I hate Alphas. Jai pouted.

You and me both.

But these two are fine I guess.

Suddenly my eyes fell on a gorgeous silk red shirt. It looked almost liquid in texture and softness, shining bright scarlet among a sea of blue and beige (🤢). I pulled it out and checked it against my skin tone in the mirror.

"Hey what do you guys think about..." I tried to ask but was cut off rudely by Chanyeol who threw a pile of clothes at me and pushed me towards the trial room.

"OH yeah that's amazing...you should really go to the trial room and see how it looks." He said hurriedly pushing me towards the trial room.

"Chanyeol...I need to grab my jacket..."

"Oh no don't worry we will keep it safe for you, just go in and try your clothes like you'll look so good in them."

Damn bro what's the rush.