Chapter 4

Jai's POV

I could hear the mumbling and cackling as Rishi pulled up to Norwood High. My beloved high school.

I immediately got out of the car with my school bag and quickly slid to Sameer's side of the car to prevent him from opening the door.

Sameer looked delighted to see me up close as if he's seen me after so long. His eyes trailed from my neck to the inside of my shirt, which was now visible as I bent down to rest my forearms on the car window. Wanting to play with him a bit I reached my hand out and wiped his cheek with my thumb.

"Sorry you have some me on you" I said referring to the teasing kiss I had planted on the corner of his mouth earlier. Before I could withdraw my hand he grabbed it and put it on his other cheek.

"I think some got on this side as well. Would you be a doll and clean it up for me?" I chuckled as I pulled my hand away. Not complying.

"And for the record, I'd love to have more of you on me." He whispered with eyes full of mischief and lust? Mmmmmhhh. Very smooth.

I cocked my head to look at Rishi who was talking to some random Beta that had materialised outside his car door. I couldn't help but wonder how invisible I was to him. Here I was, flirting with a hot alpha and he doesn't notice anything? My super protective alpha brother is giving radio silence?

I know it's not that he doesn't care, he's just had to train his senses to ignore my presence. He's a strong alpha living under the same roof as an Omega. It's basically like being edged forever but never letting yourself explode. Surrounding yourself with an arousing presence and denying yourself. Rishi had the self-control of a Buddhist monk.

Mom once told me when I was 13 and first started giving off my scent, she found Rishi in my room sitting on the floor holding me between his legs. He was nuzzling my neck as his hands wandered on my body, eyes as black as obsidian.

My scent had brought his wolf out. He was going to mark me.

I obviously didn't understand anything and thought my elder brother was just playing with me. I was giggling and squealing in delight, vowing to get him back for tickling me.

Although mom intervened before anything untoward could happen, I know Rishi never really forgave himself for that incident. That was who he was, harsher with himself than with anyone else even for things he had no control over.

The very next day he started training with dad to help him control his wolf. Meditation, sensory overload training, learning how to calm your nerves, activating last minute latches to shut down your wolf. He had been very diligent with his regiment , even spending a year in India with our grandparents just so he wouldn't put me in danger.

As soon as I could understand what I was doing to him, I started taking scent blockers while at home. They did have nauseating side effects but I didn't want to be a burden to him. In typical Rishi fashion, he told me not to take them.

"This is your home. I want you to be comfortable here. Life outside is already constricting for you"

It didn't matter if he had to move out during my heat because my scent got too strong. He made sure I was always ok.

My stomach twisted with guilt again. Despite all I put him through, despite how easy it was to hate me, blame me, Rishi never did. We still did normal brother things. He even offered to train me early in the morning before school and was so happy when I expressed interest in learning combat.

I was lucky to have him. I looked up to him more than anyone else. But no matter how much I told myself I wasn't ashamed of being an omega, knowing how much he went through because of me ate me up on the inside.

"Hey Rish"

"Yes?"

"Thanks for the ride"

"Umm Ok?"

One thing he wasn't attuned with was showing his emotions. Always trying to be captain cool. But I know he felt happy about being appreciated. We all do.

"Anyway I was thinking why don't you show Sameer around the training grounds before class. I can tell Principal Brown that you were showing a new student the pack house I'm sure they won't mind."

"Good idea!" Rishi said nonchalantly.

Sameer opened his mouth seemingly to protest but before he could say anything Rishi drove off. Sameer craned his neck out of the car to look at me with eyes full of rage and a cute pout on his lips.

I nearly pissed myself laughing waving him goodbye.

Then I turned towards Norwood High and sighed.

We can do this. We can do this.

With these affirmations I jolted inside.