Chapter 11

Jai's POV

"What's this you are reading?" Chanyeol pulled the book from my hand and examined it's contents.

We were currently resting against the pine tree outside the Lunar Hut. I was huddled with my back against his chest and seated between this long legs. He had one of his hand wrapped around my bare chest.

"A birthday Gift from my dad"

"A book on Omegas? Oh" he sounded like he disapproved.

"What is it?" I turned my neck almost 180 degrees to see what he got to be disapproving of.

"Nothing"

"Say what you want to"

"It's not important"

I kept staring at him without blinking. I know it creeps him out when I do that and he looked unnerved right now.

"It's just...I don't want you to upset yourself. You get very sensitive about all this..."

"All this as in this Omega shit"

"I didn't mean it like that"

"Oh I KNOW what you meant"

"I'm sorry"

"It's ok"

Lmao I wasn't upset, he was right. Talking about my secondary gender didn't come easy to me because throughout my life I have been mistreated because of it. Even in wolf history classes Omegas are fleetingly mentioned. I just feel so isolated that I know if someone wants to talk about it, it probably is going to be some ignorant bull.

I don't mind discussing it with Chanyeol but it was fun making him apologise. Bringing Channie to his knees is always fun for me.

In more ways than one.

"Anyway how was your fishing trip?" I decided to change the topic.

"Boring" he said handing my book back to me.

"Why did you wear that smelly jacket?"

"I knew you'd be hanging around the Lunar Hut by yourself as you do, so I thought scaring you would be fun" He poked my cheek as I huffed in anger.

"You're so cute when u are angry." I smiled widely and purred in response. Can't stay mad at a man who thinks you're cute when you are angry.

"And you've painted you hand again? Henna? What upset you this time? Did your mom throw out your wolfsbane pot?"

"Nope I have it hidden in the Terrarium. And stop looking at my hands"

My heart sank as I suddenly remembered about Sameer. He had just invited me out on a date and I had agreed. Chanyeol had not been here so I forgot about the dealings that we had with each other.

Chanyeol was my closest friend. We met in middle school when his family joined our pack. His cheery disposition and cute puppy dog face immediately made him super popular in the pack. He was friends with everyone, literally everyone. Not a single person in the pack who didn't think highly of Chanyeol. We became closer when he asked me to tutor him in Math.

I agreed to help him out only to find out that the bastard never had a problem with math, he was really good at it. He never struggled with Math, in fact his calculus skills were impressive. When I asked him about it, he said that he made it up because he tried to talk to me but I wouldn't even look at him.

It's not that I thought I was better but I had just learnt to tune everyone out. Only time someone spoke to me in school was to say something mean so I just kept my head down and focused on my studies. I remember Chanyeol approaching me and the fear it instilled in me. A tall ass alpha coming to say something to me? Given my experience that could only mean trouble so I ran.

I was confused when he said he wanted to be my friend. Mostly because no one has ever said that before. I couldn't believe it for a few minutes and asked him if he was sure again and again.

Chanyeol just smiled and kept assuring me that he was serious. He picked up the Squirtle plushy in my room and asked me if I like Pokémon.

"Umm who doesn't?" I replied.

"Great! you're coming to my house tomorrow to play Emerald and I don't take no for an answer"

That was 6 years ago and we've been friends ever since. We hung around all the time and helped each other with school. With him around no one had the audacity to lay a hand on me, however when he wasn't there I would get jumped on. I never told him anything because it felt like I was taking advantage of him. At the end of the day it's my battle that I need to learn to deal with.

So I did the next best thing, asking him help me with physical training and in return I beat his ass in Pokémon Showdown. It's a fair trade in my book.

We slowly fell into a physical relationship, but both of us were clear that we were just friends who suck each other off. We both set boundaries that we'd stop if we felt like it was spiralling out of control. It hadn't for me and I hope it hadn't for him as well.

Because I think I need to alter this relationship. Chanyeol will always be my closest friend but I don't want to start off on a wrong note with Sameer. I really like him and I know he wouldn't like this. So I told Channie as much.

I breathed a sigh of relief when Chanyeol congratulated me for my upcoming date and excitedly asked me everything about him as we both started putting our clothes on. He was on the same page after all.

"That's good for you Jai"

"Thanks Channie. I mean it. You're my favourite person" I hugged him.

"Damn this guy already got you being soft and nice. He has you wrapped around his finger" Chanyeol replied earning a slap on his head from me as we made our way to my home.