Chapter 36

Dominic's POV

Nobody ever chooses you do they?

......

How pathetic it is that you need to take me

......

Instead of me choosing you

"AAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I screamed in frustration as I tore through the tree in front of me. My bloody knuckles pulsed in pain as I continued to smash through the fallen trunk. The forest was silent except my own screams of agony which only made Jai's words reverberate clearer in my head.

I would've given you the world Jai.

"THE FUCKING WORLD" I screamed punching through a rock that stood near the tree. The impact cracked the damn thing but the pain it generated in my now lifeless fists wasn't able to drown out what I was feeling on the inside. Such words or derision from my mate cut deep and shattered me.

What's worse was that it was all the truth.

I don't know why I'm surprised. My own mother didn't choose me, even when she had no other children left. She rather embraced death than say one kind word to the son she brought into this world. If someone is so hated by his mother, why would he even expect a stranger to accept him.

Even if he is my mate.

That word just sent shock waves of fury through me as I brought down my already busted fists onto the rock smashing it to pieces completely. The pain this time stung harder, it felt deeper bringing some respite from the terrible ache that stormed in my heart.

I would've given him the world and yet he doesn't want me.

My arms were lying limply by my side as I picked myself up and walked back to the castle. It had never felt like home to me, more like a prison that I couldn't escape. A reminder of the curse that was my life, my personal Bastille. I strengthened my resolve as I climbed each one of its many steps to get to the throne room. My hands left behind a bloody trail that looked more like a scene of crime than anything else.

With my last reserves of strength I opened the doors and enter red the mighty chamber. My dad had once sat in the chair that I sat in now. The only person who could give a shit about me. The only person not terrified of my wolf and his power. The only person who chose me, even when he had other options.

If there's anything that I learnt from my father's demise it was that power was everything. He let the pieces on the chess board take a freer reign and they dragged him to his death. My mother leading the charge, she had come to hate the man. The man who gave her me as a son.

I was born out of a union falling apart, pinning its hopes of survival on me. But I never stood a chance, my mother could only see my father in me. The man who had destroyed her native kingdom in his quest for power, tearing through it to invade the Outer Peak Kingdoms. His army doing what they do best, pillaging murdering and assaulting. My brother was saved the vitriol because he was born when they did love each other, but I was born out of hatred, out of obligation. It didn't help that my powerful wolf only created tensions between my brother and I, and firmly set my mother against me.

I would not repeat my father's mistake.

I wanted to wholeheartedly give myself to my mate. To love them, care for them, to have children who never once feel bereft of anything that I could only imagine in my wildest dreams. I wanted to give my mate the world, all that I possibly could.

But Jai is set against me too.

Fine then, if this is his move then I will play mine.

If he won't willingly submit then I'll take him, cause that my nature right? He said it himself. I take what I want and have it. First I took my brother's life and his Kingdom. Then I took my Mother's life and quashed her rebellion.