Chapter 7

Jai's POV

Tap

I looked up from my study table where I was hunched over some Chemistry homework, toward the source of this sound, which happened to be my window. I cautiously went over to inspect and peered out.

"AAAAHH 💅"

I yelped for dear life as Sameer suddenly dropped from the upper ledge suspending his sinewy body with one arm. One muscled veiny missile of an arm. He was grinning like the moron that he was.

"Have u lost your mind?" I whispered, mentally praying my parents hadn't heard my little scream queen audition. He only knocked on the closed window and pouted sadly.

Rolling my eyes I opened the window and let him in.

"Hey!...who's that guy he's cute" he said pointing at the Kai poster I had in my room. I ignored his question and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"What" I asked confidently.

"I was asking about the poster on the wall"

"No. What as in what are you doing here?" I asked completely ignoring his question again. I made a note to take this poster off. It was fine for me to ogle Kai but he didn't get to.

Especially when he could ogle me instead

"Well since you so cleverly plotted to avoid seeing me, I just had to come and ask you how you are doing."

"You could've texted"

"You could've not sent me on a whole ass voyage with your Dora the explorer of a brother just to keep me away but here we are" he snapped clearly losing his patience.

"Now come with me." He said demandingly as he grabbed my hand and kissed it, with the most flirtatious look on his face.

His face contorted as his lips parted from my hand. He took a sniff again and again until he was basically rubbing my hand against his nose.

"Stop" I giggled trying to pull my hands away.

"Henna. You're really full of surprises Jai. Can I please see it in the moonlight?" He said guiding me toward the window which was bathed in it.

As we both sat on the windowsill he didn't leave my hand for a second. His eyes and fingers traced the dark orange lines on my light mocha coloured hands. He stared at the wolf that my mom had drawn with excitement.

"You're just exquisite aren't you? Just so beautiful." He whispered as he again brought my hands to his nose to inhale their scent. Butterflies erupted in my abdomen, just bouncing around as a deep crimson flushed my cheeks.

Under the moonlight and given our proximity I could finally see his face clearly. His brow was smooth and his hair had a fade that I thought always looked chic. His nose was gracefully curved and had a small beauty mark on the left side. He also had a small scar on his lower lip, which only tied his ruggedly handsome features together in the most harmonious way. The blue hues of the moonlight made his dark skin look more heavenly like he was a celestial being.

Yeah, right I'm the one who's beautiful lol.

"Jai I-" he stuttered once but then confidently said. "I really like you. Not just the way you look, which by the way is like WOW" I smiled bashfully at his compliment as I noticed him faltering a little bit..is he blushing?

"But you're just so full of surprises. In one day, you've had me act out in public, bewitched me with a single peck on the cheek, made me run around with your brother and come to your house in the middle of the night." His voice was no longer that of a confident alpha but like a little child filled with wonder and curiosity.

"You've kept me at an arm's length all day and yet you're all I could think of."

My started beating faster and my hand which was still in his grasp felt hot but comforted. My stomach was doing wheelies with the butterflies in it fluttering about. As I stared into his soft brown eyes, I felt seen. Noticed.

He quickly composed himself and said "obviously you don't have any compulsion to say yes but if it's ok with you I'd like to take you out for a date" He blurted those words out like he just wanted to get them over with and go hide in a cave. He stared at my face with his puppy dog eyes and nose twitching with anticipation. His shyness was so cute.

He had also let go of my hand by now as if to signal that the ball was truly in my court.

"Ok. We could go out or whatever you know" I said trying to sound nonchalant but ended up sounding try-hard.

He's probably kicking himself for asking me now

But his eyes and smile got wider in realisation and he nodded before holding my hand again. Desperate to change the topic because clearly this vulnerability was unnerving for him.

"Umm this Henna is very intricate you're a great artist."

"Do you really like it or are you just looking for an excuse to hold my hand?" I cocked an eyebrow and gave him a sly smile.

He dropped my hand like it was hot piece of coal and blushed guiltily.

Caught ya!

"A bit of both" He admitted while pulling me toward him.

"Ouch" I winced feeling a tug on my hip where the injury was.

He looked at me with concern, which soon turned into a frown as he saw me caress my side. He led his hand and gently lifted my t-shirt before I could protest.

His jaw was working overtime locking as he grounded his teeth in fury. Without asking, he explored the whole extent of the carnage that was my flesh before locking eyes with me. His irises were golden and that only meant one thing, he was LIVID.

"It was an accident" I meekly tried to lie.

"Accident? On different parts of your body? Hitting you in different angles? I played your games little Omega but do not test my patience right now. Who was it?"

His words had a frightening finality. I felt like my answer would become someone's death sentence.

"Sameer calm down. I won't tell you anything if I feel like you'll do something rash that I don't want you to." I responded truthfully and calmly. I needed to reason with him.

"Damn right I'll do something rash. I'll tear that motherfucker to ribbons"

"Sameer" I put my hand on either side of his face and touched my forehead to his. "Please calm down." I said massaging circles on his temples.

He softened a little bit under my touch. I felt the tension in his body melt away a little.

"I swear I'll kill them, whoever it is" He mumbled but his voice sounded softer, more open to suggestion. I calmed him down after all.

"Look I'll be all healed by tomorrow. And after our date I'll let you tail me and then no one will be able to hurt me. Sounds good?" I offered.

"Hmph" He protested but eventually gave in.

"Sameer. I need you" I whispered seductively moving closer and brushing my lips against his. His stance changed immediately as he held more tightly to my waist, closing the space between us again.  His let out a needy groan and his hands snaked around on my body.

"Sameer I need you...TO LEAVE MY ROOM ITS FUCKING 3 AM &I WANT TO SLEEP." I yelled in his mouth.

—————————————————————————

Hey guys author here! Lemme know how you like the story thus far! Please vote and comment so I can get a sense of whether y'all like the story or not!!