Chapter 53

Jai's POV

I truly have the worst kismet in this whole world.

Yes, have unprotected sex with your mate during your heat and then blame kismet. Nyx chided sarcastically.

Oh you could back up a little bit. YOU were the one who got his back blown out.

Don't you dare blame me! I told you the heats were due but you were so hell bent on teaching him a lesson that you didn't think of the consequences.

You couldn't have kept it together for a few minutes? No you just had to let the heat take over.

Couldn't YOU have used contraception!

I DID!

A PRAYER TO THE MOON GODDESS IS NOT CONTRACEPTION JAI!!

Well I had backup!

I said pointing to my evil eye (🧿) bracelet, which I had bought specifically to protect me from bad juju.

You're unbelievable! Nyx said slapping his forehead in frustration.

Yaar(bro) Nyx don't be mad, it happens sometimes. We just messed up but...but you can fix it. Just make sure we're not pregnant.

Fine I'll just undo the pregnancy.

You can do that?

OFCOURSE NOT YOU IDIOT THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS!!

I. HATE. YOU.

I rubbed my temples to calm my headache down, low-key still hoping this was a nightmare that I'd soon be waking up from. I rubbed my pup pouch like it would just magically solve everything, give me the answer to all my confusions. Sadly, this was real life, I couldn't just run from it.

Ok look Nyx, I don't want kids, probably never but especially not right now. I have tonnes of reasons for it; I'm just 22, I've known Dominic for a few weeks only, our relationship is incredibly rocky, I don't know if I can depend on him and besides he's only 20 years old. What kind of parents will we be? What will my parents feel? My dad will surely kill Dominic.

Why are you trying to convince me? I'm on board with the no-baby plan.

.........

Wait for real? I thought Omegas were baby crazy.

That's sick propaganda perpetuated by Alphas. Omega wolves are not unreasonable.

PHEWW

That's a relief. I thought I'd have to use wolf-snore on you. I joked.

Heartwarming to know you're not above killing me to get what you want. Nyx smiled.

Love you too Beastie.

Also do you not think it's weird that mom and dad just had a pregnancy test lying around?

Interesting...I didn't think about that.

I opened the pregnancy test, which I had still not taken and ran it under tap water in my parent's bathroom where I currently was. When I was convinced enough water had gone in to take a sample, I set a timer, sent a quick text on my phone and waited for the negative result.

For the record, I think what you're about to do is a bad idea. Nyx said calmly.

I planned to not take the test, but just present my parents with a negative result. I know that they're very supportive but I can't help but feel like on some level, someone would want me to keep it. I am 99.9% sure that they won't force me to do anything but the 0.1% possibility of them not supporting me would would destroy me. No matter what decision I make, this could potentially strain my relationship with my parents which I don't want to risk.