Chapter 29

Jai's POV

THUMP THUMP

My heart was pumping wildly as I ran down the tower to the dungeons. I didn't know where they were so I had to stop and ask around. Everyone I asked bowed to me in deep reverence and referred to me as Luna.

I finally reached the cell my brother and father were locked up and barked orders at the guard to release them. He opened the doo and I fell into my father's arms who reeked of blood and grime.

"I'm so sorry dad" I sobbed into his shoulder.

"My perfect child I'm so happy you're safe. I thought I lost you" Dad was also crying hugging me so tight that my body hurt but for now I enjoyed his closeness so much, just moments before I had thought he was dead.

"We'll escape this ok? We won't let you stay here" Rishi said as he engulfed me in his arms. My brother was also badly injured but from what I had gathered from the gossiping servants around the castle, he had put Beta Sebastian in the infirmary. I just cried and hugged him.

I embraced both my father and brother with as much ferocity as I could. I knew I couldn't stay with them. Dominic wouldn't allow it. Hell Loughlan wouldn't allow it. And if I ran to India I would potentially be putting all my family in danger. I had to leave them behind.

"You two will leave without me. This is my place now beside my mate" I said with as much a happy disposition as I could muster. Nyx winced at the mention of mate.

What's his problem with Dominic?

I know didn't think Dominic was our mate although he affected me like no other but the way Nyx was actively hostile towards him was....a bit uncharacteristic.

"Nonsense." Dad said, "he's a terrible mate to have marked you without mating"

For Omegas, the mating mark is incredibly painful. As your Alpha's venom pumps through your veins it can cause unimaginable pain as you immune system fights back. Infact the venom is so potent that nerve endings at the site of the bite permanently inactivate only activating at the touch of the alpha. Alphas literally rob Omegas of their body, which then responds only to them.

Since the bite is painful most Alphas usually bite while bringing their Omega to a climax. The overstimulation and pleasant sensation of an orgasm somewhat compensates for the burn omegas feel. Not to mention the aftercare and healing licks that we get from our Alphas.

Dominic hadn't done me that courtesy. He had marked me out in the open, like asserting his ownership over me.

This thought ate at me to no end. He didn't care for my comfort only that everyone knew I belong to him. But he was my mate, society won't let me leave him and as much as I'm sure my parents would readily run away with me I'm also sure Dominic would come after them. So I'll have to severe all connection with them if I decide to run away.

Which I had.

"My Luna" I turned to face Sebastian who bowed deeply. "Please let me offer my deepest regards to you and your family" He was bruised up. A bandage ran though his head and covered one eye. His his left hand was in a cast while the right one was free but had scratches. His handsome face had a scar at his left lip.

My brother and I both aim for the left lip apparently.

His composure held no signed of being weak or scared he was as sure footed as a mountain goat which was commendable because his attacker Rishi stood in front of him.

He flashed Rishi a dangerous smile while licking his lips in a snake like manner. Sebastian truly was a slithering lizard. The one he was loyal to was Dominic and while he was power hungry, hiding in plain sight was more his MO. He tore his gaze from Rishi who was still looking at him stoically analysing him with his deep set eyes and looked at me.