Chapter 27

Jai's POV

The mark. It was out.

I looked at my father and he was surrounded by soldiers holding him back. Rishi was in the back struggling against Sebastian and other guards.

When did this happen? Is this an ambush?

I met my dad's eyes which were filled with white hot rage as he fought against his captors for release. I closed my eyes because I couldn't see the disappointment in his eyes. I had let him down. I had let myself get marked. He would never forgive me.

I'm sorry dad. I ruin everything.
__________________________________

Abhijeet's POV

Something was wrong with Jai the entire trip and I could tell. I just chalked it up to the tiredness of the war but when we entered the Lupine Hall to meet Dominic, it's like something took over him.

He started walking towards the throne completely uninhibited. What was more surprising was that neither Dominic nor his men tried to stop him.

"Jai son sto-"

I was about to call him before a guard placed his had right on my shoulder holding me in place. I looked around to see Rishi also being immobilised by the Beta and his men.

Goddess what did I bring my kids into?

Jai was now standing up at the dais directly facing Dominic. Such disrespect, if standing directly infront of the King without bowing would certainly earn him the death penalty.

He's wavering.

Out of nowhere Jai wavered and tried to step back but before he had the chance to the Dominic had his arms around him holding a knife to his throat.

"NO STOP" I yelled trying to push past the guards kicking one of them in the abdomen. But to my relief Dominic's strike must've missed because he only tore open Jai's shirt.

Wait....is that?

"Try to hide my mark again and I'll make sure to mark every inch of you as mine"

Blinding hot fury overtook me as the truth crashed onto me. My whole body shook with rage as I fought back my controllers. There was a mark on my little boy's body and this motherfucker had forced it onto him.

"YOU BASTARD HOW DARE YOU LAY A HAND ON MY SON. ILL BREAK EVERY BONE IN YOUR BODY" I howled loud enough for him to hear as I fought back two more guards and go closer to the guards.

It'll be alright Jai. Dad will not let anything bad happen to you.

__________________________________

Jai's POV

Dad's words shocked me. Why was he mad at Dominic when I was the one who let him down? I had been stupid enough to get marked, why was he baring his teeth at Dominic?

Either way I had never seen my dad so angry. He was literally fuming as he tore through the ranks of soldiers to reach upto the steps where I was standing in Dominic's arms. Dad was making quick progress, he'd gotten halfway before he was struck by a guard and dragged back down.

They hurt my father.

My father.

I was still paralysed under Dominic's Alpha voice but I felt him stirring.

"That's enough." Dominic said as he started descending the steps, unfolding the cuffs of his crisp white shirt. "I can take him myself"

My dad shook off the seventh guard off of him and threw him to the side baring his teeth and claws ready to take him on. Dad had single-handedly incapacitated 7 imperial guards and while I did not doubt his power, even if he managed to kill Dominic he'd never survive the onslaught of the army this castle was fortified with.

"ILL RIP YOU TO SHREDS YOU CUNT" Dad bellowed ready to attack Dominic, but the guards pounced on him again. He was vicious, his mouth bloody and his eyes black obsidian. He truly wanted to kill Dominic and given his track record he just might. Whatever maybe the outcome of this battle my dad would not leave this castle alive.

I have to do something.

"Your Majesty" I said falling to Dominic's feet and holding him in place. In my conviction to save my dad I had found the strength to overcome the Alpha voice but I dare not raise my head. The entire room including dad fell silent.

"Your Majesty please find it in your heart to forgive my father. He's just in shock, he wasn't aware that I had already been marked. Thus he assumed that it was against my will" I begged trying to explain with tears in my eyes trying to look as pathetic as possible.

Dominic remained unmoved he just stared at me with no expression on his face. He tried to move but I held his leg in place.

"Please" I whispered "let my father go."

He looked at me and then straight at my father. He lifted me up crudely by my neck and pulled me close to him with one arm across my waist. With the other he turned my neck to the side and sank his fangs into my shoulder.

My dad yelling "NO!" was the last thing I heard before excruciating pain tore through my body. It was like a tiny needle was piercing Every single cell in my body. It was the most pain I had ever felt, like a hot brand being seared onto my skin. I howled loudly and screamed in pain while flailing in Dominic's arms but he held me steady with a firm grip over me as he sunk his venom deeper and deeper into my veins.

I don't even know how long I kept yelling for, but eventually my throat gave out and I couldn't yell but my body was still in pain. It was like I had just dived into a volcano and every fibre of my being was being burnt to ash. Dominic's venom coursed through my veins asserting it's dominance over my immune system. My body was burning on the inside, and the outside as every point of contact I had with Dominic seemed to sting.

I only remember my dad calling out my name loudly and feeling blood underneath my fingers from when I held onto Dominic. From then onwards it was only darkness I remember.

__________________________________

Authors note: just to make it canon, Abhijeet would've beat Dominic's ass if it was one on one. You simply do not play with him about his son.