Chapter 49

Dominic's POV

I rang the bell to Jai's parents place and waited.

Jai had texted me that he was going to meet his parents at the café near the hospital but when I didn't find them there I assumed this was the natural next place to look. I had his parents' address saved in all of my cars hoping that we'd visit them often, once they get over their hatred of me. I sometimes think they overreact. I'm their son's mate, they shouldn't have this animosity towards me.

A stunning older woman opened the door. Her skin was brown with soft light brown eyes just like Jai. Her lips had a pronounced Cupid's brow just like Jai. And her hair was silky and shiny, falling on her shoulder like a waterfall, just like Jai if he ever grew his hair out.

If Jai looks like this when he's older, I'm a lucky man.

"Is this the Raj residence? I'm looking for Jai."

She looked at me up and down and asked with a mischievous smile on her face.

"And who might you be?"

She doesn't recognise me. This might be a blessing.

"I'm a friend of Jai's"

"You must have a name dear" she said straightening my shirt collar, brushing my hair and fixing the lily in my shirt pocket.

"Uhh my name is Darius. I'm here to meet to meet Jai."

"Why would Jai be here? He's at the capital with that horrible mate of his. But I'm sure he'd like to hear from you if you ever go there. You're totally his type" She said pinching my cheeks.

HORRIBLE.

HORRIBLE?

I don't think I'll ever recover from this.

Wait a minute..

"What do you mean he'd like a visit from me? He already has a mate!!" I asked, angry that she would even suggest such a thing. It's fine that she hates me but why would she ever think it's ok for her son to cheat on his mate? Preposterous!

She just rolled her eyes and pulled out her phone to check it. I was about to give her a piece of my mind but he raised her finger up to silence me.

"You might wanna run home Darius, I just got a text from my husband. There's just been a rogue breach into the barrier." She said shutting the door in my face, before I could tell her anything.

Damn it.

I wanted to break down this door and explain to her in no uncertain terms that it's not ok for her to prompt Jai to cheat on me. He's mine and always will be and if I ever catch him with someone I will crush that guy's skull with my bare hands. No wonder Jai doesn't want to come back here.

Wait Jai is not here...

And there's a rogue breach...

Fuck.
_________________________________

Jai's POV

I was sitting at the Lunar Hut, trying to catch some quite good compose myself before I met my parents. My feelings have been all over the place; about Rishi, about what I did to Sebastian, about seeing my parents again but mostly about submitting to Darius.

The way his aura surrounded me; taking down my walls and comforting my heart that was so wrought with all the pain, made me want to curl up in his lap and cry. Being away from him felt so painful, I just wanted to touch him, hold his hand and run my hand through his hair. All my grudges and inhibitions against Darius vaporised in the moment, and that made me guilty. I promised Nyx I'll avenge him but I wasn't so sure anymore. Tears of frustration stung in my eyes.