Chapter 46

Jai's POV

I checked myself in the mirror one last time before heading out to the car. The powder blue jumper I had on was comfortable and loose enough to still expose my collarbones, to feature the string of pearls on my neck. Besides, it shows off the mark, Dominic will like that. Putting on a final swish of perfume I made my way out my room where Aiden was waiting.

"Ready Luna?" He asked chirpily. He looked adorable in his new uniform with a powder blue silk sash to indicate his rank as a member of the Luna's guard. "And we match!"

"Haha we do. Now where do I go?" I asked handing him him the pot I was carrying as a gift for Dominic.

"What's with the pot of mud?" He asked.

"It's a gift. My mom always told me never to go to a dinner without a gift." I poked his nose.

"Wow your mom has a lot of rules. Last time you told me your mom says weed gives you great skin."

"No..she didn't say that. And tell no one else I said that" I slapped him softly on his head.

"You're very close to your mom aren't you Luna?"

"We'll isn't everyone?"

"Yeah..." He said with a twinge of sadness in his voice. For a moment it felt like he would say something but instead he just looked at the ground and shrugged. "Yeah I guess that's true." He said chirpily.

"And we're here! Good luck!" He quipped and turned around without wasting a millisecond. I guess Dominic instils such fear in everyone that no one wants to be caught outside his cottage.

It's a nice cottage if I'm being honest. It was surrounded by the most beautiful unkempt garden, which was bit surprising because Dominic took such impeccable care of the palace gardens but his own personal property was very rustic. I could see the fire inside blazing  with a sweet smell wafting in the air.

This is it. Let's see how serious this boy is.

The door was unlocked and I ventured in. The house was silent but I could smell Dominic everywhere so I just followed my instincts.

"Hello?"

"In here."

I followed him into an office which was lined with cedar wood and reeked of whiskey. There was a leather chair in the room right next to the fireplace. Dominic sat on a big ornately decorated throne across a large table, in a black shirt. His hair was slicked back like one of the guys in Peaky Blinders and with a neatly trimmed beard. He swerved a glass of whiskey in his hand with his shirt burgeoning under the weight of his muscles. His eyes were black like a raven with a particularly ominous look.

He looks hot. Pissed off, but hot.

"Thanks for coming." He said not getting up from his seat but setting his drink down on the table.

Underage drinking. I wouldn't be mad if he gave it up.

"Ummm thanks for inviting me. This is for you." I said showing him the pot.

"Thanks. You can keep it on the table."

What's with the cold shoulder?

"I got you something as well. It's by the window."

I turned around to look at the window behind me. Under it was a super-sized plushie of a Himalayan Red Panda! It was so cute, replete with markings and super cute eyes. I rushed to it and hugged it, it was so soft and fluffy. More than anything it reminded me of Moti, the Red Panda I had nursed back to help during my Omega training in the Himalayas. She was a wee thing when I found her, left by her mother due to a heart murmur. She was so precocious and lively and followed me around on her little paws. Whenever I was training in the forest she'd jump out of the trees to surprise me. Each night she'd cuddle right next to me as I sat out the snowstorms in the temple. Sharing my food with her, picking flowers, berries and fruits. Leaving her behind was the toughest thing I ever had to do when my parent came to get me after my training. Tears started flowing from my eyes as I hugged it closer.