Chapter 48

Author's Note: Thank you everyone for reading this story, it kinda blew up in the past few days. I appreciate everyone's supportive messages. 💕

Please check the footnote at the end of this chapter for more information.
__________________________________

Dominic's POV

I hope Jai is okay.

I was seated in my car in the hospital parking lot. I wanted to be there with him, comfort him, handle the paperwork and foot the bill. I had even bought flowers that I though Jai could take for Rishi, but I hesitated to text him. He had told me to stay away because of the animosity between us, and if I ever want Jai to ever trust me I need to respect his wishes.

I don't think I have ever been as happy as I was when Jai allowed me help him through his heats. Meeting Nyx for the first time, holding him in my arms, kissing his soft skin and listening to his cute whimpers was heavenly. His scent still lingered on my wrists that he kept biting while we were fucking.

A fire cracker that one. I smiled to myself.

Darius had left me alone during that time, allowing me the clarity of mind to try and fix my relationship with Jai. I was happy that we had left things off on a hopeful note. While I didn't think he had forgiven me, he did seem open to reconciliation. I was on cloud nine, finally I'd get everything I'd ever dreamed of.

After dealing with Sebastian, I had scent Aiden to invite Jai for a date. I had everything planned, a dinner at my personal cottage (which is now also his technically so he could also see what modifications he'd like to make), a giant stuffed Red Panda toy I had specifically had made for him and showing him the ancient moonlight bed of the Alpha and Luna.

But as always, Darius had to fuck things up for me.

I massaged my temples and sighed in frustration. Darius had taken over my body again and exacted his revenge. Not only did he attack Jai for his scheme with Sebastian but also made him submit by projecting.

Why did you have to hurt him?

He needed to learn that he cannot mess up my pack. Darius sneered.

I'd already dealt with Sebastian, there was no need for it.

If you weren't such a pissant of an Alpha, he'd never have had the audacity to do so. He'd be in our arms right now. Darius' frustration broke through the veneer of indifference.

How? By forcing him? Taking him against his will?

He doesn't know what's good for him. Punishment is just a part of breaking him in.

Punishment for what? Rejecting you?

Immediately tinnitus rung heavy in my ears as my body contoured with pain. The pain was like being branded by a searing hot iron on every part of my body. I dug my fingernails into the steering wheel tearing through the grip and the material under it. The pain was blinding, it literally affect my spatial senses. I looked in the rear view mirror and could see a rivulet of blood dripping from my nose, but couldn't feel it because of my senses had dulled.

In side I could feel Darius wreaking havoc. Howling like a mad wolf and anger dripping from his fangs. Darius had been the resident monster in my nightmares since I was 8 but tightness is he took a completely different level of menacing. I started to lose consciousness, as my energy drained trying to fight him.

Suddenly the pain stopped all at once and I collapsed into my seat breathing deeply to recover some of the oxygen my lungs were missing. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and tried to calm my nerves. It was over now but my heart was pumping furiously.