Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Madison went into the Mexican restaurant, wondering what to do about Alex. Would she find her? If she did, what would she do with her? Would she be caught? All of these questions were running through her messed up mind.

Madison's POV:

I went into the long line and stood for about forty minutes before I finally got to the front.

"Hi, what can I get you?" Asked a worker in a Chipotle uniform.

"Um, can I get get a burrito with...chicken and mild salsa, please?" I said as she followed it.

"For here or to go?" She asked.

"Uh...to go." I said as she wrapped up my order.

"Wait! You're Madison Gomez!" Her co-worker exclaimed. I left a twenty dollar bill on the counter, grabbed my bag and ran.

"Wait! Stop!" She yelled as she ran after me. My mind was racing one hundred miles an hour. I looked left and right. I found my car and sprinted. I mentally thanked God I forgot to lock it this time. I stepped on the gas and drove. Her co-worker waving her fist at my car while looking angry as hell.
Phew. That was close.

When I was a far enough distance, I parked my car in a vacant lot and started to eat. I looked at my surroundings. There was a small motel with a sign that read ROMAN MOTEL in big letters at the front of the building.
I got out of my car. My heels were clicking against the black top.

"Excuse me?" I say as I enter the motel to the front desk lady behind the counter.

"Yes? What can I do for you?" She replied professionally.

"One room for tonight. I don't have a reservation. I'm on my way to a friend's house that lives in the next state over. I've been driving all night." I lie.

"I'll see what I can do for you." She answers.

After a couple minutes, I see her come back with a book in her hands.

"Um....I think room 456 in vacant." She says, closing the book with a loud thud.

"Thank you." I smile falsely at the woman. She hands me the keys to the room.

"Upstair the elevators, third floor, fourth door on the right." She says as I nodded, trying my best to remember the directions. I was never really good at remembering directions or anything for that matter.

"Thank you. Where are the elevators?" I ask.

"Through that door." She answers. I turn trying to locate this door she was talking about.

"Thanks." I say, turning around and waving at her.
I go to the elevator and press the up arrow button and wait for a second. It opens and I step inside. I press the button that leads to the third floor. It takes five minutes. It opens and I go the room.

It's pretty spacious. A big bed in the middle of it with two nights on either side of the bed. I run to the bed, letting the fluffiness of it carry me into complete bliss. I look at the clock. It's 11:54 pm. I get off the bed, take off my shoes and go to sleep since I don't have any clothes to sleep in.

*Next morning*

Madison's POV:

I woke up to my dreaded alarm beeping loudly.
"Ugh!" I groaned, rolled over and turning my alarm off. I lay there for a moment or two. Then, I rolled out of bed and went downstairs to the lobby.

I just bought a travel size tooth brush and perfume. I went back upstairs to get ready for a day of hunting for the bitch. I open my door and walk to the elevators. The door dinged and opened. I stepped in and went to the lobby.

The door dinged open and I stepped out. I notice a girl with long brown hair. She turned around. It was her! It was Alex!

"Hey! Stop!" I yelled, catching everyone's attention. Alex must have recognized my voice because she spun around quick enough to give her whip lash and took off running. I raced after her.

"Hey! Stop!" I screamed. She sped up as if that was possible.

"Help! My boyfriend's crazy ex is trying to hurt me! Please!" She screamed to no one in particular. Do you really someone that's going to get some help?

Like really? People are really that stupid. Then, she tripped over her own feet, falling to the hard, cold ground and screamed out in pain.  Then, some residents from the apartments on either side of us came running outside.

"Ma'am? What's going on?" An elderly woman asked Alex. Then, her eyes grew wide.

"You're Madison Gomez! The woman from the news!" She screamed, tackling me to the ground and putting me into a wrist lock.

"Jaxon! Call the police!" As she said that, a young man around twenty-one came out.
"I heard everything. I'm calling them now." He said, his voice showing concern for Alex. I'm so screwed.

A/N: I'm back! How did you like the chapter? What would you like happen next? Please remember to vote and comment. Thank you for all the support. 😘