Chapter 64

Chapter 64

A day after the Benson tracked the message, she called Alex and Justin into the station.

Justin's POV:

"Do you know a Maddy by any chance?" Benson asks us.

"We know a Madison, maybe Maddy is a nickname?" Alex turns to me with a questionable expression on her face.

"I don't know anyone who called her that." I say, equally as confused.

"Who is this Madison?" Benson butts in.

"She's my ex-girlfriend. We kind of have a long history." I say sheepishly, rubbing my hand on my neck. It was getting increasingly hot in this room.

"Want to tell me about it?" She asks, pulling out a chair.

I sigh, pull a couple of chairs out for Alex, myself and get comfortable.

"Madison was my girlfriend for two years. One night she came home drunk and I had the suspected of her cheating on me for the past few months. I carried her up for a nap and took her phone. I saw she was texting an ex-boyfriend of hers. In the text message to him, she confessed she was using me for sex. She found me going through her messages, g-got a little angry and I ended up throwing her out. After that, Alex and I went out for a date, Madison somehow found out and told me to go with her if I wanted Alex to live. The rest is history." I finish the long explanation, almost gasping for breathe. We sat there for a moment not saying a word. Benson was writing something down on her notepad.

"Okay. Thanks. I gonna go make a phone call." She left the room, leaving Alex and I in a tension filled room.

After a few minutes, I heard a door open and slam shut. I looked away from Alex's beautiful face to see Benson and a male around my age with white skin, blue eyes and blonde hair.

"This is my partner, Jaxon." Benson introduced us. Alex shook his hand and so did I.

"My partner already briefed me on the topic. We'll find this scum who tried to kill your beautiful face." His eyes were staring right at Alex. I cleared my throat and gave him a death glare.

"W-We'll be in touch." Benson said nervously, pushing Jaxon out of the room.
A/N: That was the chapter! I hope you all had an excellent Christmas! What was your favorite part of the chapter? Do you like Jaxon? Please vote and comment. Thank you!