Chapter 65

Chapter 65

Benson and her team worked around the clock. Two years had passed and they finally found Maddy. She pleaded guilty to the hit and run. After a little more questioning, "Maddy" aka Madison, also escaped from prison to with an intent to kill Justin and Alex. She was sentenced to life in prison.

Justin's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the baby monitor and Alex groaning.

"I got her, baby." I say, lightly pushing her down. She fell asleep instantly. I get up to go to my daughter's room, Jordan. Once I reached her room, I step inside, carefully picking her up and bouncing her.

"Hush little baby, don't say a word, daddy's gonna buy you a hummingbird." I sang as she softly cried into my neck.

After a few minutes, she fell asleep. I put her back into the crib. I smile down at her; staring deeply at this little baby that Alex and I created. She had mostly her mommy's features but my stubbornness. I remember the time Alex told me she was pregnant.

Flashback

"Baby, I'm home!" I yell, as I put my car keys and wallet on the counter.
"Hi, my strong handsome man." Alex pecked my lips. I grabbed her waist, towering over her by a few inches, my forehead to hers; smiling between us.

"How was work?" Alex asked, as she traced my shirt, grabbing her with her fist.

"Tiring. Lonely without you." I say, kissing her gently.

"You said you wanted kids, right?" I picked her up bridal style and went up the couch.

"Yeah." I breathe out, plopping myself on the white, comfortable sofa.

"Well....you're going to have your wish." She say, her pearling whites showing. Realization hits me as my eyes widen and I let out a happy scream.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" I jump from the couch, careful not to drop her and whirl her around.

"Yeah." She chuckles, releasing herself from my grip.

"We gonna get to the doctors." I say, staring deeply into her eyes.

"I've already taken care of that." She says.

*End of flashback*

That was nine months ago. Now I have this beautiful baby girl, just like her mother. She and her mother are the light of my world; the people who keep me in check. I love them for that. I love them for how they made me bounce back; even after all the crazy shit that happened over the past couple of years. I love how Alex never gave up on me even when I was at the lowest of lows.

You should always be grateful for the good people you have in your life. You should even be grateful for the shitty people you have in your life. Those are the people that teach you the hard lessons in life. Everyone has a purpose in your life, whither you know it or not. Some people are there to knock you down to where being strong is your only choice. Some people are there to do that exact opposite. They're there to help you rebuild, to help you in your Recovery.

A/N: That's it! That's the last chapter! I hope you enjoyed it. 2016 will bring a lot more stories that I will gladly share on here through my books. Thank you so much for supporting this book!