Chapter 9

⚠ slight cussing ⚠
She walks toward me and signed that she was ready to leave. I nod as I whisper-yelled to Senjiro that we were leaving for the meeting and would be back later to drop off (Y/n). And with that being said, we left for the meeting in a rush since it was about to be dusk.

-(Y/n)s POV-

Sanemi and I were walking along the road at first, but noticed that we wouldn't make it if we walked so we decided to run there instead. It took us about ten minutes of complete silence, but I'm used to that. (Literally)

It wasn't an awkward silence, but it was a comfortable silence. We made it to the estate and we went our separate ways as he went to the meeting spot while I went to go meet the master. I walked into the well lit room full of candles and saw an empty spot across the table where the master's daughter sat.

I sat there uncomfortably as they stared at me until one of the spoke to me. *Good evening, we have been learning sign language to help us communicate with you better, we hope this doesnt offend you in any way.* Kiriya signed as he leaned forward to show mutual respect.

I was shocked that the masters children would take their own free time to help make things easier for the corps. I bowed and almost cried, but someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up to the master and his wife as they sat next to each other across the table from me.

Kagaya-sama sat across from me and I noticed him fiddling with a letter like he was debating on giving it to me.

-3rd Person POV-

Kagaya was fiddling with the letter because he was debating whether to have children sign to (Y/n) or to just give her the letter with all the information of the meeting. After a few minutes of awkward silence Kagaya slid the letter forward, but he kinda slid it to the left of (Y/n). (Y/n) stared at the letter for a minute before Kagayas wife pushed the letter in front of me directly as her two children signed, °The letter is for you to understand what is going on in the meeting, and the meeting will be established about, which is you becoming the new Hashira.° They said talking and signing at the same time.

'That is quite impressive.' (Y/n) thought in her head.

(Y/n) then bowed and read through the following letter about how the meeting will go. (Y/n) peeled the seal off as she didnt notice the Ubuyashiki family talking among themselves.

~In the letter~

"Dear Rengoku (Y/n),

It is a great pleasure to have you with us today. We hope we make you feel at home during the meeting and as well as to get acquainted with your fellow Hashira. They aren't that rude. Maybe Shinazugawa-san, but he shouldnt bother with you much."

(Y/n) chuckled a little reading this getting the attention of the family in front of her. Kagaya and his wife guessed what she could be laughing at, but didnt mention it to their children, as they continued their conversation from earlier.

~Continuing the letter~

"I am glad that you are willing to join the Hashira in such a short notice and after the death of your dear twin brother, Kyojiro-san. We wish you and your family good health and good fortune as you all try to move on. We will be with you for whatever you need as well as your fellow Hashira will be willing to help anytime as well."

~End of the first page~

-(Y/n)s POV-

I was about to put the letter bag in the decorative folder until I noticed that there were two - three more pages. 'Ugh more reading.' I thought to myself until I looked at them and it was what he was going to say during the meeting, and how he was going to introduce me to them. Kagaya-sama also asked if I wanted to practice saying my name before he started the meeting.

I looked up from the parchment and put my finger there as I showed it to Amane-sama. I nodded, showing her I would like to try that, so I didnt embarrass myself. She smiled in return as she said something to her husband before tapping my shoulder again since I was reading the rest of the page.

Amane's children then signed, °We will be the ones to help you during this meeting. We will help you know when you can be introduced and when you can introduce yourself. °

I smile as I sign a simple thank you, before asking when they are going to start the meeting. The children look at each other before looking at me again. °10 minutes, but you dont need to read the third parchment just yet. That is just information on your first Hashira mission.°

I continued reading the page as it talked about the increasing numbers of demon attacks and to not fight uppermoon demons by yourself.

I finished reading as I sat up straight getting embarrassed. *Im ready to start the? Speech lesson? Could I call it that?* The children then stood up to walk behind me as they sat there, while Kagaya-sama left for the meeting. I think.

-Sanemis POV-
"Whats going on? The meeting never takes this long to start?" Uzui stated as he posed for something as if people were looking at him. "Hmmm I guess you are right Uzui-san, they are a little late." Shinobu stated as she continued to mess with the stuck-up bitch named Tomioka.

I heard rustling in the trees as I looked up to see Obanai up there with his snake. "It might not be the master. It could always be that new hashira. Ain't that why we are here?" He stated as pinky was fangirling over the simplest thing of him talking.

('Y/n) is not late, cause if she was, I would be late as well.' I thought as I scoffed to myself getting a questioning glance from Muichiro and Uzui, but they soon ignored it. "This new hashira may turn out to be like Tomioka-san if they keep us waiting. They are being so~ rude." Shinobu stated as she sat near the porch getting ready for the meeting.

Uzui started smirking as he started walking towards me. 'What the hell does this prick want.' I thought as I narrowed my eyes. "Don't we remember what happened during the beginning of the last meeting?" I look up to him crossing my arms. "What the hell does this have to do with me?" I said aggressively as I rolled my eyes.

"That Kamado boy head butted the shit of you for stabbing his sister." Uzui said laughing as I started fumming. 'This guy! I want to stab him!' As soon as I reached for my sword, Master Ubuyashiki-sama came outside with the help of his wife instead of his children. It is really weird not seeing the kids here. 'Could they be helping (Y/n)? Possibly.' I thought as I greeted the master interrupting the pinky over there making her puff out her cheeks.

"Shall we get this started?" Ubuyashiki-sama said and he calmly smiled.

~~~ ~~~
Thank you so much for reading this! It took me forever since I had got some major writers block, and the editing that is happening between chapters to make sure it is the best that it can be.

Thank you for giving me ideas for the next couple of chapters ahead.

Go check his stories out they are pretty cool. 😎

Till next time! Toodals!