Chapter 27

-3rd Person POV-
After a minute or two at the stall picking a prize, (Y/n) ended up choosing a flame hair pin as it was something that reminded her of Kyojuro and her father as they are now starting to get along.

It started to get darker, yet the two still didn’t know what they wanted to eat, so they continued to walk around aimlessly looking through the stalls and shacks set up for this event.

Shinazugawa seemed to get chills down his spine as the airy night got colder wondering if he should have brought his nichirin blade, but (Y/n) seemed to catch onto his nervousness. *Are you okay? Nervous? For what?* (Y/n) asked, wondering if it had something to do with her.

‘Am I boring?’ She would think to herself as Shinazugawa would try to calm her nerves down before responding. *I’m okay… I was just thinking if I should have brought my nichirin katana with me or not.*

Shinazugawa signed, with a conscious expression placed across his face before looking back at the beautiful female beside him. *Don’t worry about if a demon attacks us. Father suggested that I bring nichirin daggers with me, so I hid them in my sleeve of this kimono.*

She finishes before suggesting Shinazugawa to feel the kimono which he had felt the dagger relaxing a bit. *So it can kill a demon like a normal katana?* He asked clarifying his theory.

-Sanemi’s POV-
I looked back up towards the crowd to see where I was going after I saw her nod to my question. ‘I am not nervous about having to fight demons without my katana since I’ve killed plenty of them by tieing them up and burning them in the sun, but I did get a few scars by doing this. I just feel like someone’s watching us.’

I quickly checked around us, and looked on the roofs to find nothing before the path in front of us got swarmed with new people as they were also here for the festival. I look over to (Y/n) to see her almost get swallowed by the crowd of people.

I managed to grab her hand in time before she could get lost in the crowd of people as it would be hard to find her after that since I wouldn’t be able to communicate with her unless she was looking directly at me.

I would walk a little in front of (Y/n) as we continued to search for food. I would guess the time is around 6:30pm by looking at the moon, but my eyes suddenly shot forward when (Y/n) started to drag me through the crowd earning my full attention.

I was watching where we were going wanting to ask where we were going, but decided against it when I overheard some bystanders talking. “I can’t wait for the firework show that they are going to have later, can you?” The male bystander asked the child that was holding his hand.

‘Firework show huh? I’ll take her there for a surprise.’ I thought, smiling a bit before seeing (Y/n) and I coming closer to a wood cabin along the busy streets. “Bento House, huh? Good spot…” I said out loud before looking at her and noticing her looking me up and down.

‘Huh? I don’t get it…’ I thought, following her lead by looking down, noticing our hands were still connected.  ‘Fuck! That’s embarrassing!’ I thought, letting go of her hand before apologizing.

She laughed a little before shoving me a little to the side with her shoulder. *You want to eat here?* She smiled before walking backwards into the building. I smirk before following her inside.

We got inside for the place to be a lot bigger and well spaced than we thought it would be. Lantern lights were spread every few feet and tables twice as far. Soon after entering we were asked, “How many people?” And (Y/n) would look at me before noticing I was holding up the number two with my hands before doing the same.

“O-okay! Right this way!” She announced before turning the corner to a seating of tables meant for two. (Y/n) sat down first before getting handed the menus. “What can I get for y’all’s drinks?” The female asks nervously.

‘Why in the world is she nervous?’ I asked myself with a deadpan face before signing the question to (Y/n). *What do you want to drink?*

*Do they have royal milk tea?* She signs to me asking curiously before looking up to the waiter. °Do y’all have royal milk tea?° I asked as she wrote it down. “Yes we do.” The waiter smiled before looking at me for my drink order.

°Do y’all have Wisteria Tea?° I asked her as I started to look through the menu. “I can get your drinks ready in just a minute.” She says before spinning around to get the drinks.

*What was her problem…* I signed to (Y/n) which she just responded with a shoulder shrug. *She might be scared of you? I’m not sure though…* (Y/n) signs looking through her menu for a second before placing her finger on a spot before looking back up to me.

*Why would she be scared? I’m not that scary in public…* I groaned as I signed the last part earning a light giggle from (Y/n). She just pointed to her face drawing what seemed to be lines before understanding what she meant.

*Your saying she could be scared of my scars?* I asked, kind of surprised as no one seemed to care in other villages when I ordered stuff. She just simply nodded before pointing to something on her menu.

I leaned forward to see what she was going to get. I was surprised she chose something spicy since I didn’t expect her to have a spicy taste in food. *Curry rice? Nice! I’ma goooo foorrr-* I signed before flipping the page and saw that they were serving Katsudon.

*The katsudon.* I signed, finishing my sentence just as the waiter came back with our drinks. She placed the drinks down on the table before setting a piece of paper down as well, which said, “Are y’all ready to order?”

‘That was thoughtful.’ I thought to myself, showing a surprised yet impressed face. (Y/n) looked at the waiter before pointing to the curry rice bento on the menu. The female wrote that down and looked over to me. I then proceeded to point to the katsudon bento which was located on the bottom of the page.

She wrote that down as well before smiling and bowing before leaving with the piece of paper. (Y/n) and I proceeded to sign back and forth about different topics and stuff like that until the food arrived.

I decided it would be funny to snag a bit of her food, so I took a bit of her beef curry cubes and stuffed it into my mouth. The curry was so good, but (Y/n) didn’t like the fact I didn’t ask and stabbed me with the bottom side of the spoon having me jolt

We continued to eat in peace and finished eating and decided it was best to leave before the fireworks started.

-??? POV-
I was hidden among the rooftops waiting for the fireworks as I overheard from some other villagers. I don’t know why I want to see the fireworks so badly, but they intrigue me.

But I was glad that I came to this town so early as I felt that two people in this town had such strong will. I wanted to fight them so I jumped across the rooftops quietly before noticing that one of them was a female. ‘Damn…’ I thought before looking at the other person who had white hair with a scarred face.

I smiled wide about to jump down and fight the male, but I noticed that he didn’t seem to have a weapon on them, which bummed me out. ‘I have nothing else to do… Might as well watch them…’ I thought squinting my eyes as I saw the female start dragging the male.

~~~ ~~~
Woop Woop 😁 two in one day! Who do y'all think the mystery person is? 😏

Hope y'all have a great day or night! Toodals!