Chapter 73

Sanemi’s POV-
I'm worried as I was preparing to get hit from the attack that I couldn't dodge fast enough. I didn't get hit as (Y/n) took most of the blow cutting her left shoulder, but she managed to deflect most of it upwards. "(Y/n)!" I yelled worried, but when I looked at her face I saw that she too that's unlocked a demon slayer mark. It was a deep red similar to the one on the upper moon's face, yes it was more spread out as it covered her entire eye.

‘Not even gonna lie.. That looks badass!’

~~~ ~~~

(Y/n) ended up switching her blade from her left hand to her right confusing me at first but if it helped her fight I didn't explain. "Ms. Rengoku! Is she alright?!" I knelt on the ground as I got cornered from another attack. Suddenly I felt myself get flipped in the air as Muichiro was next to me. "Tokito!" "I won't let you die! You still have two arms to swing a sword with!!"

You both landed as we flipped ourselves over to try and dodge the attacks of the upper moon again. This time we became more successful as we dodged, flipped, ducked, and dashed. More pillars and beams started to come falling down around us as we dodged and maneuvered away from the attacks, not having a chance to close in.

Gyomei seemed to take notice on Muichiro's and tend to strike and yelled for me to follow suit. "Shinazugawa!!" With that I jumped over to a pillar  to get more leverage. I then jumped off that pillar heading straight for upper moon one. A cyclone slashes came toward us as I went between the gaps of his attacks. 'Dodge! Find the gap and dodge! The gap that lies between his attacks!''

My face started to get bloody as I sent another wind style attack. 'Breath Of The Wind: First Form: Dust Whirlwind Slice.' This created a horizontal cyclone having the upper moon dodge back so that Himejima could get him with the iron ball taking off his right shoulder. This made his arm drop to the floor.

-(Y/n)'s POV-
I ran close behind Muichiro as I was worried that he might pass out due to blood loss, but I should be saying anything as I too remain in that predicament since my shoulder. Muichiro managed to stab the upper moon through the side, but in exchange his left leg got cut off. 'Muichiro!!' I thought, springing forward also stabbing the upper moon in the right side, as Muichiro had gotten his left.

Suddenly little bullets came past us as I barely got hit with two while the upper Moon got hit with the majority. There seem to be no exit wounds from the bullets yet they were still in my system as I could feel it. "Gah!" I gasp before thinking, 'That is going to be a pain in the ass to get out later.'

I winced as I refused to let go of the upper moon, I twisted my blade down as I wanted to try and chop off his leg. I suddenly felt a tree start to sprout from the upper moon. I was called into an uncomfortable position as my foot was above my head in seconds, and I couldn't retract my blade to cut it off.

'Shit.' I thought, deciding to just play along with it as I twisted my body so I can continue to cut into the upper moon. I sensed that Sanemi and Gyomei we're above me as they were swinging in for the final blow, but we all got shot back before a series of crescent blades shot out of his body.

I managed to move my sword hilt in front of my face as the hilt snapped, only allowing one hand to hold onto it. His attacks lightly grazed me before continuing to process the damage of the others. They seemed fine as they were still able to move yet Muichiro got caught in half. 'NO! YOU BASTARD!'

I stepped back as I was getting ready to release one of my final forms of flame breathing. 'I have to…but I don't think I'll be able to move after it…' I thought hesitating for a bit as I looked at the upper moon with blades sticking from his body. 'No I have to.' I thought as Muichiro's blade went red, shocking the upper moon.

'Breath Of The Flame: Tenth Form: Raging Blaze.' I launched forward as I propelled myself toward the upper moon. Flame started to engulf my body taking into a form of a phoenix. The flame started getting hotter and hotter going from red to blue. I looked on to see that my hands are starting to char from the burns of the power of the attack.

The upper moon looked at me in shock before trying to swing his blade at me to deflect it, but Roots started to go along his shoulders as he was unable to swing. 'Thank you, Genya!' I didn't take any more time as I swung down toward his neck. I managed to slice half of it off before Gyomei came in with his iron ball and axe.

The tenth form started to dissipate as dozens of slashes were made upon the upper moon's body making it quite obvious that he was burned. He seemed to regenerate slower as the burns have yet to disappear. I almost blacked out but not before seeing Sanemi strike the top of the iron ball. The force of the strike started to make the weapons turn red as we were able to decapitate the upper moon.

'Did we do it?' I thought before slowly blacking out…