Chapter 13

-Still 3rd Person POV-
"HUH?!?"

"No way! She can't be 20! Isn't Rengoku 20?!" Uzui stated, setting down his utensils.

"Could they be twins?" Obanai asks himself, not wanting to be involved in the conversation, but was heard anyway.

Everyone immediately turned to Shinazugawa waiting for an answer, since he was just having his own little conversation with (Y/n).

°Huh? Yeah, yeah, they're twins… Get over it.° Shinazugawa responded, earning a small praise from Mitsuri about how fluent he was with sign language.

"I'm kinda confused on how (Y/n) is deaf when no one else in the Rengoku family was deaf." Shinobu said getting the attention of the leader of the demon slayers.

"Ah? Didn't y'all know that Kyojuro was half deaf?" Kagaya stated as the room went silent. "We did not know that." Shinobu said, answering for the others.

"I knew that, that is why I think Kyojuro-san had me learn sign language, but now that I met (Y/n)-san, I know the main reason." Mitsuri stepped up and answered truthfully as she then started eating on her 8th plate of rice.

"Wow… I didn't think we learned so much tonight." Obanai stated as he sat next to Mitsuri even if he didn't eat anything.

~An hour has passed and everybody decided to go home, but Shinobu asked if (Y/n) would come with her so they could do some simple tests. (Y/n) decided to drag along Shinazugawa so it would be easier for Shinobu to communicate.~

-(Y/n) POV-
It was a good evening walk as a few minutes of following the gravel trail lined with wisteria trees, it started to shift into a dirt trail as we turned left.

The area around us soon got foggy as the moon shimmered through the clouds, but the stars were still visible at some spots.

The moonlight lit up the path in front of us as the sides of the trail were fogged over, as if it was slowly disappearing into thin air.

Everyone was silent, but the wind slowly picked up as I mentally cursed Sanemi even though he had no control. (To an extent.)

We reach the butterfly mansion and as we walked in we were greeted with a shoulder length hair girl with blue ends and blue eyes.

'She is pretty.' I smiled as l bowed towards her. The girl got frantic as she waved her hands in worry.

She said something along the lines of, "You- …. be bo-wing? …. me!" I looked at Sanemi as he was right next to me.

°Hashira like you shouldn't have to bow, you should know that by now, (Y/n).° He signed as his lips moved.

-Sanemi's POV-
Aoi looked frantic as she thought she would get in trouble for a Hashira bowing towards her. "You shouldn't be bo-wing towards someone like me! You're the new Hashira I assume."

Aoi then bowed towards (Y/n) before getting interrupted by bug eyes. "Aoi this is (Y/n), she is deaf, so she is here to get some tests done as well as to fill in her charts in case she gets hurt."

She turned to me as she took off her shoes heading further into the estate. "Shinazugawa-san can you tell-"

°I already have, I been signing what y'all been saying because no one takes notice of (Y/n) being completely clueless on any conversations.° I sign as (Y/n) get uncomfortable and looks down as she also takes off her sandals.

Shinobu looked a little upset but grabbed a book off the shelf. I looked in it and it was a sign language book for patient questions.

'Guess that makes my job easier.' I smirked as I followed the three shorter females to a empty patient room.

"AHH! TANJIRO HELP! INOSUKE GONNA STAB ME! EEKK!"

I heard this down the hall, but before I could comment Aoi was already out the door screaming at them to shut up.

-3rd Person POV-
"Who in the hell are those brats screaming this late at night…" Shinazugawa grumbled with a tick mark on his head.

He turns his head to the right to see Shinobu pull something out of her desk while (Y/n) was sitting on one of the many beds lined on the wall.

Shinazugawa moved to sit on the bed next to (Y/n)'s as he got comfortable, leaning against the bedrest. Shinobu then pulls a stool between the beds as she crosses her legs holding the sign language book and a clipboard.

Shinobu jotted some stuff down before handing it to (Y/n) with a pen.

Stuff like blood type, weight, height, and allergies were mentioned on the paper as it was a usual doctor's form.

After a few minutes of Shinazugawa counting the flowers on the wall paper, (Y/n) handed the clipboard back to Shinobu.

Shinobu read over it for a second asking Shinazugawa what the sign for 'marechi' was. He of course showed her the sign before asking why she needed to know that certain sign.

°(Y/n), that is quite rare to have marechi blood, but you ain't the only one with it.° Shinobu states as she was impressed with how well she signed.

°You have marechi blood? That's cool I guess.° Shinazugawa signed as he looked away.

°Don't act as if you don't have marechi blood. I don't have to go travel to get any anymore since we got (Y/n) if she donates.° Shinobu signed, while also throwing the book at him.

Shinazugawa threw the book back just for Shinobu to catch it. (Y/n) snaps twice as she tries to get the other two's attention. *Shinobu-san, you are a lot more fluent than you think.*

°Thank you, but it takes a while to decipher the signs.° Shinobu gives her a soothing smile as they continue the check up.

~A few minutes later~

Shinobu closes her book and stands up. "With that we're done." She said as Shinazugawa signed to (Y/n) about what she said.

"Aoi!" Shinobu yelled as the butterfly girl ran towards the door.

Opening the door in a hurry she responds with, "Yes, Shinobu-san?"

~~~ ~~~

Woo Hoo!
Two chapters in one day! New record ☺️
Anyways I decided to write this one as well before I forget how I wanted to go.

I hope y'all have a good night.
Toodals!