Chapter 24

-(Y/n)'s POV-
Surprisingly Shinazugawa crow was calmer than I thought it would be seeing as Sanemi is a hot-tempered male with anger issues. With every step I get closer and closer to the place I call home for now until I move as I have been planning on it for a while now.

We made it to the estate and the first thing Sanemi's kasugai crow did was disappear into the house returning with my brother. *(Y/N)! Your back!* Senjuro quickly signed before jumping onto me. Sanemi's crow just sat on the dresser and watched from a distance.

*Yes I am.* I signed with the biggest smile on my face before trying to head to my room. Senjuro grabbed onto my haori, catching my attention with his question. *Why are you home so early?* He asked as he walked to the room with me.

*Well, I am going out to dinner with a friend.* I said, catching a smug look on my brother's face. *NOT LIKE THAT!* I signed, waving my hands afterwards before embarrassingly turning around to the closet I had.

It was cleaned unlike the last time I came here, since I have been spending many nights at the butterfly estate helping with the younger slayers. 'What to wear, what to wear?' I thought before Senjuro pulled out some kimonos for me to pick through.

*What are you going for?* Senjuro asked as he passed me a few kimonos to try on. *I'm... Not sure exactly...* I responded back by doing a little squat to see all the kimonos that we had placed down on the floor.

*What do you think?* I asked, looking him in the eyes. *Well if it is that wind guy I think you should go for this one.* Senjuro signed, before getting up and disappearing into the closet.

-3rd Person POV-
Shinjuro walks down the hall to hear some shuffling, but mainly the opening and closing of a sliding door. "What are y'all doing in here?" Shinjuro asked calmer than he usually is.

Senjuro walked out the closet with a mint green kimono and a cactus green sash before stopping to look over at Shinjuro who was standing at the door. "We ughh... Ummm... I'm helping (Y/n) with f-finding a kimono to wear for dinner with her friend..."

Senjuro said to his father avoiding eye contact with a few of his words before handing over a dark green kimono in front of (Y/n) for her to look at before noticing her father at the door.

*Oh hello...* (Y/n) signed before standing up. Shinjuro then signed to (Y/n), shocking both her and Senjuro. °If you're going to dinner with that scarred brat, I would go for the light green kimono I got you...°

After Shinjruo stated his mind, he left the room, sliding the door before heading down to the dining room. Senjuro just looked over to (Y/n) confused as he didn't know that their father had got his daughter a kimono as he never got anything of the sort other than some fire hilt for his katana.

*You wanna see it!* (Y/n) gets up as she thinks it is the perfect outfit for the occasion and the shade they were looking for. (Y/n) jogged over to the closet smiling brightly before she came out wearing a mint green kimono with a cactus green sash that matches with the embroidered designs along the bottom and top.

 (Y/n) jogged over to the closet smiling brightly before she came out wearing a mint green kimono with a cactus green sash that matches with the embroidered designs along the bottom and top

(This is what I was referencing, I did not draw this. I'm not that good. 😂)

Senjuro commented saying that it was the perfect outfit, and that he thinks that she is ready to head out. (Y/n) was getting ready to head out the door before she caught the eyes of her father.

-(Y/n)'s POV-
I caught the gaze of my father as he looked as if he wanted to say something as Sanemi's crow landed on my shoulder. Shinjuro leaned against the door frame and stared at me for a few seconds before responding.

*That green suits you.* He stated before looking away and moving aside from the door frame letting me get passed, but I stayed for a little knowing I had plenty of time before the dinner.

We stayed there in silence before I decided that it was time for me to leave and started to walk toward him and the door. *Don't do anything dumb, yet, and I... am sorry...* He smiled a little as he crossed his arms awkwardly.

I looked at him confused at what he had to be sorry for before thinking of a whole book of scenarios, but I had already forgiven him for them all. *That's alright. And HEY! WE'Re JUST FRIENDS OKAY?!?!* I signed/yelled as I turned away from father running out of the house worried that I might be late as I am not sure how far I have to run/walk.

Sanemi's crow would hit me with his wing everytime I needed to turn left or right when it came to a fork in the road. 'He acts just like Sanemi...' I grumble before thinking of something else, 'What is his crow's name?'

-Shinjuro's POV-
I saw (Y/n) run out the house seeming embarrassed about the statement I had made with her and the wind brat that came over to the estate a few months ago. 'Friend my ass, you usually don't dress up for dinner...' I thought, rolling my eyes as I knew they were gonna hook up in the future.

'I'ma go ahead and cook dinner for Senjuro as I was trying to be a better father...' I thought again before heading back into the house. 'What would you think of (Y/n) dating that wind friend of yours Kyojuro?'

~~~ ~~~
Thank you all for reading, I really enjoyed writing this chapter, and my friend enjoyed reading this chapter as they looked over my shoulder doing class 😂

Love you if your reading ❤️

Thank you all for the support, and I hope you all have a great day or night. Toodals!