Chapter 28

-Akaza’s POV-
After a few minutes of the female dragging the male I was about to just get up and leave, but she seemed to stop at a restaurant that serves bento meals.

She started to move her hands around until I noticed that it was sign language. ‘Wait, how did I know it was sign language? How come I know what she is saying? Did I know sign language from my past?’ I thought as I came to the conclusion that the male wasn’t deaf while the woman was.

“How disappointing…” I said aloud to myself before jumping over onto the bento house’s roof laying on my back, looking down toward the others on the street. After what I would guess it had been an hour, the two came out of the building signing and laughing a bit.

“Pfft- That was funny…” I said out loud again as the male seemed to get embarrassed. *Let’s try again!* The angry boy signed before jogging a little bit ahead of the woman who was jogging behind him.

They arrived at this bottle game stall and I was intrigued thinking if I were to play the game I would probably break the whole stall and possibly kill someone behind it.

After some smack talk about the male being a stronger slayer which I guessed to mean that they were part of the demon slayer corps with good accuracy, saying that she only won because of luck.

‘Luck my ass… She is just better than you…’ I thought as I was squating having my chin on my hand as I watched the scene. I watched as I saw the male slayer throw the ball into the bottles knocking down all of them except two.

Which seemed to annoy the male. Throwing the ball permanently denting the wood stand the bottles were on, knocking them off as well. He smirked looking at the female as he stood behind her waiting for her turn as the bottles were getting set up.

The woman seemed to wait a second tossing the ball in the air which caught my interest. ‘Are the balls a different weight?’ I thought as I watched her strike all the bottles at once by hitting the top of the bottom row.

“If she were a male, it would be fun to fight her.” I said excitedly to myself as I saw her smile. That smile… That faint smile I saw from my last battle with that flame pillar a few weeks ago. ‘No that has to be a coincidence…’ I thought, shaking my head before suddenly disappearing since the white head male looked in my direction.

‘No they can’t be related… But they look so similar… I- I don’t know!’ I thought to myself punching a nearby tree, obliterating it into tiny pieces with little sound, but huge winds, which I hope those slayers didn’t sense. But it was not like they could defeat me anyway…

‘I’ll watch them for a little while longer before the sun gets up…’ I convinced myself otherwise that they weren’t related, but I believed that they possibly are.

-Sanemi’s POV-
I turned around quickly as I felt the same presence as earlier thinking that it might be a demon. I looked on the roof to see nothing, slightly feeling relieved, yet unsettled at this feeling.

I got annoyed as I felt the presence multiple times now before looking over to a worried (Y/n). *Are you okay? You keep suddenly looking in different directions. Is it about the weird presence or are you worried that one of the other pillars could be watching us?*

She signed, probably thinking about Shinobu stalking us on our little walk, but if we were to get stalked by one of the hashira, it would most definitely be Uzui as he is the only one sneaky enough to express little to no presence.

Plus he did force me to get ready and style my hair in his “flamboyant” style. *You're probably right. It might just be chick magnet following us.* I sigh as I walk toward the direction of the cliffs as I hear the fireworks will be set off by the beach.

Once we got there (Y/n) seemed to look me dead in the eyes for a minute, but I felt like she was hesitating to do something, but I just couldn’t read her. The wind started to pick up all of a sudden and (Y/n)’s hair fell out of her bun as her long hair swayed in the wind making her look stunning.

‘H-hot.’ I thought to myself blushing a bit, before seeing her lean forward making a tiny bow.

-3rd Person POV-

“She leans in close as she pulls Shinazugawa towards her and begins to think and focus. She opens her mouth as her vocal cords struggle to work and she forms, “Da-” But was surprised to see Shinazugawa jerk slightly, causing her head to turn towards the beautiful array of colors before them, and finished her sentence saying, “Tsuki (Moon.)” Unaware of her speech error.

(-(Y/n)- tried to say I love you, but ended up saying “Da tsuki (moon)” which is pretty close to “daisuki (I really like you)”

Sanemi looks at her and finger spells, “Da” and signs, “Moon.” confused. ‘Da moon?” He wondered, looking at the now embarrassed girl as she panics, flailing her arms at the speed of light signing apologies, and suddenly bows at a 95 degree angle.

-3rd Person POV-
The male suddenly felt irritated as a vein surfaced on his forehead and he promptly bonked her on the back of the head. He moves his hands and signs, “I thought I told you to quit bowing and apologizing, you’re a Hashira, show some pride.” Scolding her with a frustrated face.”

“Also, what’s with your sudden talk of the moon? Are you intrigued by the moon’s phase?” Sanemi signed, quirking his eyebrow, showing her that he was confused by her statement.“

-Akaza’s POV-
“Damn… Even I ain’t that stupid…” I said quietly as I noticed the look of sadness on the woman’s face. I looked to the horizon seeing as the rays of red to orange were shining above the horizon. “Shit…” I grumbled before taking off in the opposite direction, accidentally connecting eye contact with the female as I ran away.

‘Damn it… Ugghhh, my cover was blown!’ I yelled at myself in my head as I reached a cabin a few hundred miles away so the demon slayers wouldn’t find me.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
‘Who the hell was that! It was uppermoon three! Why the hell is he here?!?’ I thought as I calmed myself before looking back up to the obvious Sanemi. *I just like the moon… It’s calming…..* I lied as I looked up towards the fireworks slightly embarrassed, wondering what they sounded like to suddenly make Sanemi jump.

After the fireworks were over we headed back towards the game stalls since I wanted to play one of the games since the very beginning, but I didn’t want to hold the prize the entire night so I waited.

Since I was moving out of my father’s estate to Kyojuro-san estate which were meant for hashira since they were closer to the Ubuyashiki and Butterfly mansion. I personally like the fact of how close Kyojuro-san’s estate was to the training grounds and hotsprings.

I tugged on Sanemi’s kimono as we reached the goldfish games where you were handed a paper paddle and you’ll have to pick up the goldfish and show it to the worker before it falls back into the water. I wanted to get some goldfish for the new estate as there is a pond in the courtyard.

*I wanna get some goldfish for my new estate since Ubuyashiki-san suggested I move closer to headquarters… And I like fish…* I smile, still awkward about the conversation earlier.

*Sure.* He says with a slight smile and we catch a few, but at one moment a goldfish jumped and hit Sanemi in the face for catching it, and he almost popped the container that they were in. I had to bow and pay for the goldfish so I could drag him away so he wouldn’t do anything dumb.

*So you're going to live in your brother’s old estate?* He asked me, as we continued to walk back to the Rengoku estate.

It was sunrise once we reached the estate, and I offered him to come in, but he declined saying he had a mission to do later that night and how he wanted to take a nap before then.

*Don’t do anything dumb, and come back A-L-I-V-E.* I finger spelled that last word being quite serious before falling back into my playful mood. Running into the house as Sanemi waved me off.

~~~ ~~~
I so surprised I was able to do three chapters in one day with 40 minutes til midnight.

I hope you have a great day and or night. And to continue having fun reading this story as much as I love writing it.

Toodals!