Chapter 74

-(Y/n)’s POV-
The upper moon looked at me in shock before trying to swing his blade at me to deflect it, but Roots started to go along his shoulders as he was unable to swing. 'Thank you, Genya!' I didn't take any more time as I swung down toward his neck. I managed to slice half of it off before Gyomei came in with his iron ball and axe.

The tenth form started to dissipate as dozens of slashes were made upon the upper moon's body making it quite obvious that he was burned. He seemed to regenerate slower as the burns have yet to disappear. I almost blacked out but not before seeing Sanemi strike the top of the iron ball. The force of the strike started to make the weapons turn red as we were able to decapitate the upper moon.

'Did we do it?' I thought before slowly blacking out…

~~~ ~~~
-Kokushibo's POV-
My head started to feel numb as I could not feel it from mine anymore. 'What is so damn amusing?' I thought to myself starting to get a little bitter about these humans. 'They don't let go of their blades even when in pieces. They use blood demon arts even as humans. They create new forms in the mink of battle, which cause them to collapse. They don't bleed out even after getting cut down time and again.'

The images of these pillars in front of me started to appear in thoughts before thinking about the weapons. 'They grow and surpass their limits at a pace that could challenge a demon's. They do not practice the breath of the sun and yet their blades are dyed red.'

My bleeding suddenly stopped as I stopped the blood from going into my neck. 'When you would imagine such a future, what amused you so? When I think about losing it makes my blood boil. I will never lose again! That's right. Even if my head would be cut off.. I can just regenerate.'

-Sanemi's POV-
"Shit! (Y/n) and Muichiro passed out!" I yelled informing Gyomei as he warned me about the upcoming attack. "Shinazugawa!! Don't pull back on your attacks, drive them into the ground! Tokito, (Y/n), and Genya gave their lives! We can't let it be in vain!" He yelled, encouraging me to keep going.

I didn't want to believe that they had all lost their lives, even so tears started to flow from my eyes as I responded to the other pillar standing. "Let's do it!! Graaah!!" I yelled, making a hard battle cry. "I'll shred him to pieces! I'll keep hacking until there's nothing left!!"

I think I prepared for another attack as I used the eighth form. 'Breath Of The Wind: Eighth Form: Primal Gale Cutter.' I then created the circular turn of wind that slices up the upper moon. Gyomei then started attacking with his ball and hatchet as the upper moon tossed the mist pillar onto the floor.

Ready to counter as he tried to take out Muichiro's red blade. His body isn't crumbling yet meaning he can still regenerate. He started to regenerate some of his head before he disappeared from our attacks. When we turned to see him he was an absolute monster as he merged in with the tree roots.

He looks like a disgusting morphed spider. "He regenerated his head! The bastard! Shit! God dammit!" I yelled, causing Gyomei to instruct me on what to do. "Press the attack! His body should be fragile after losing his head! He isn't regenerating as fast as Muzan!" I listened to him as he had a point, and we both dashed forward. "Take his head! No matter how many times it takes!"

"Well said!" I responded as I let Gyomei leave the attack with his ball and chain. I came in ready to counter any attacks Gyomei needed me to do. Suddenly in the place where Muichiro and (Y/n) stabbed him, he started to crumble. We didn't let up as Gyomei slammed the iron bar to his head and I sliced up his body.

The upper moon then and out to the ground as we were still in shock ready to attack again if needed. In a rage of fury I continued to try and strike the upper moon even though the only thing that was left was a piece of cloth from his kimono. I don't remember much as I assumed I went limp and blacked out.

-Himejima's POV-
Shinazugawa still seemed to be in a blind rage as he still tried to attack the upper moon. "Shinazugawa! Stop for a second! The demon isn't regenerating anymore." He seemed to be in the mid run before I dashed over and grabbed him so that he wouldn't waste any energy. "Genya.. (Y/n)..."

"Shinazugawa! It's over!! Upper moon one is defeated! The battle is over! It's already done!" I yelled before his body went limp still having a grip on a sword. 'It's hard to believe… he's still going even after he's lost consciousness.' I then turned around the room worried about the others. 'Genya.. (Y/n).. Tokito…'

I walked over to the younger slayer as I put a hand on his shoulder. "Himejima-san… How's big bro… Ms. Rengoku… And Tokito-san…" The boy faintly asked, quite worried about the mist pillar. "It's alright, we're alive!" I said sternly before he started talking again. "Tokito is.. (Y/n) is…"

I look over to where the two were, not saying anything. "I'm fine… go help them… hurry…" he weakly said and I followed his wish. Before I did that I set Shinazugawa right next to him. 'He's still alive in that state…? Is it because of the demonification?' I pause before backing away, slightly rubbing my hand over the wind pillar's back.

'But the blood loss is taking effect with it… Shinazugawa might be a marechi… but there probably won't be a problem putting him next to Genya..' I thought before simply walking over to Muichiro placing my haori on top of him. "Tokito… It's because of you we won. You have my deepest gratitude and respect… You're still so young but you're absolutely incredible to the very end.."

I sat there for a moment of silence before speaking again, yes it was more like a vow. "I'll defeat Muzan, no matter what. And then I'll be along… Be at peace. Rest." With that I closed his eyes sitting there in a moment of silence before getting shocked by the scream of the wind pillar.