Chapter 39

-3rd Person POV-
Gyutaro's attack against Uzui was deflected slightly because of (Y/n), but it could have been more if she didn’t have deflected it. (Y/n) got annoyed at all the blood that was spilling from her head and started rubbing it out of her eye aggressively. It stopped trickling for a second until Gyutaro started attacking again.

“Heh, not bad. You stopped my attack there. And I struck with the intent to kill, too. Nice woman.” The demon said toward (Y/n), but she simply ignored him since she couldn’t hear him.

-Tengen’s POV-
I stood there shocked as to the reaction time of (Y/n) as she had time to reflect and move the people out of the room just before coming back to back me up. ‘Just like Kyojuro-san.’ I thought smiling a little before taking my attention back to the unflashy demon before us.

“Nice Man, nice skin, no spots, no birthmarks, no wounds, nice flesh, and you…” The demon then pointed to (Y/n) as he started scratching his face. “Same thing with you. No spots, nice face, no birthmarks, quick reflexes, and you're strong… I can tell… but… I noticed a little scar on the back of your neck… What’s that about?”

‘Scar? What is he talking about?’ I looked at (Y/n) who was already looking at me forgetting that she was deaf, and I have no means of communication other than the little notepad I studied for like two minutes, before tossing it into the blonde's hands a few nights before.

I then quickly stepped behind the woman checking out what he meant and I saw a little scar along the left middle of her neck. ‘Oh, he wasn’t lying.’ I thought before the male upper moon started scratching himself.

“I guessing you didn’t know what I was talking about when I mentioned her scar? But more importantly… Why is the brat ignoring me.” I growled dangerously as his sickles were still in his hand. Without thinking I said, “She isn’t.”

“Huh? I’m confused…” The demon grumbled as he continued to scratch his face as his sister continued to throw her tantrum. ‘Should I respond to his question…’ “Answer me maaaan… You’re easily over six feet tall, and I’m sure you're really popular with the girls, man.”

“She is flamboyantly deaf, and I respect that!” I yelled, being proud as I swung my arm around her shoulders. The upper moon just stared at (Y/n). I felt as if he was trying to observe her, but the weaker demon started babbling as her brother listened to her. “Onii-chan, they aren’t the only ones. There’s more!! Go kill the girl who burned me! Do it!”

“I was working so hard! I was working super super hard alone! And yet they all got in the way and bullied me!! They all kept bullying me!” She yelled as she continued to cry. ‘She is starting to get really annoying…’ I thought as the male demon pointed to (Y/n) making me worried.

“Was she the one who burned you?” The weaker demon looked up to (Y/n) before responding to her brother. “Nooooo! But she should have been dead! I sent her flying through a couple walls! Wahh!”

‘HUH!?! Is she okay?!’ I thought, turning to her before listening to her heart rate, noticing that she isn’t breathing all the way in, which told me something was wrong. “Yeah, yeah, unforgivable. My cute, dumb little sister was working so hard. I’ll kill anybody who tries to bully her.”

“I find it interesting that your friend is deaf, but it is time to collect the debts, I’ll collect one for every bruise they put on you… I’ll make y’all spin round and round when you die because my name's Gyutaro!!”

The demon known as Gyutaro then sent praying mantis-like attacks toward us as he threw his sickles into the air breaking the wall behind me and (Y/n). (Y/n) was kneeling in front of the other people who got stuck in the room as I deflected the sickles that came at us earlier.

“The envy mann, you really are nice looking people… Protecting the people, looking cool, niceee. And y’all are a savior in their eyes, huh. I’m sure they’ll shower love and gratitude upon y’all.”  Gyutaro stated as he waited for a response from the two of us.

“Well yeah, I’m a flamboyant, elegant, ladies’ man, so of course. I even have three wives…” This seemed to piss him off as he started to scratch himself again. “You got three wives now? You’re kidding me, right? Riight? Unforgivable! What about her!”

-3rd Person POV-
After Gyutaro said this he released a blood demon technique named flying blood sickle. This attack released multiple thin sickles made of blood. Tengen then pulled out three exploding balls tossing them on the ground making a blast.

This surprises (Y/n) as she wasn’t expecting that but she grabbed the people bringing them down to the lower level as Tengen followed. “Run and go hide!” Tengen yelled as (Y/n) held her katana with both hands.

“Like I’ll let y’all escape so easily. Bend for me, flying blood sickle.” Gyutaro said as the blood-like blades suddenly started going after the two pillars on the first floor. Tengen and (Y/N) then started slicing through the blood blades as more kept coming.

-Tengen’s POV-
‘So he can manipulate the slash itself. This is a slash of blood that tracks its target until it explodes. These siblings. I cut the sister’s head off, and she didn’t die. An unbelievable situation. If we cut the brother’s head off, will they disappear altogether? Is the brother the real body?’ I held more bombs in my hand as I continued to cut through the attacks with (Y/n).

‘Anyways we have to do something. Judging from the sound, most people on the upper floor have escaped.’ I looked over to (Y/n) and made a sign up at the moment but she seemed to understand. I closed my hand and opened it suddenly as I showed the bombs in my hand.

She nodded as she stepped back a bit to not get hit as much. I threw the bombs in the air and cut them in half as they all exploded destroying all the blood sickles that were coming after us earlier.

The two demons then fell through the floor onto the same floor we were on and (Y/n) stood beside me on the left side catching my attention. I ruffled her hair and smirked. “Wow, this might be harder than I thought. How flashy…”