Chapter 61

-Obanai's POV-
(Y/n), Mitsuri and I were quiet for a while before Mitsuri spoke up. °So what are we going to do you your hashira training?° This got my inter as I nodded as well. (Y/n) smiled before pulling out a notepad. 'Does she always have that on her?' I thought before looking at the course as the wind slowed down.

(Y/n) handed us the notepad before turning to the side looking at the course again. As we were reading the notepad, I looked up to see (Y/n)'s haori stop waving from the wind. 'Did she change her haori?' I thought before rereading the course rules.

"And how many stages are there?" I asked, causing Mitsuri to go poke (Y/n)'s shoulder so we could get her attention. Mitsuri then started signing to her before (Y/n) held up two fingers, so that I could understand as well. "Alright, another question…. Are we going to go separately or are we going to go do this training course together?"

I pointed to myself and then Mitsuri before pointing to the course. (Y/n) seemed to kind of understand the idea of what I was saying but signed to see if she understood correctly. *If it is alright with you I would like if y'all would go separately at first, and then if you want to try to go together you can.*

We both nod before Mitsuri and I decide that it would be better just to do rock, paper, scissors to figure out who would go first. "All right, I guess I'll go first!" Mitsuri said excitedly before jumping over to the course. I nod before jumping onto a nearby tree watching over the field.

During the course there were multiple times I wanted to come in and intervene, but decided to stop myself from doing it as it would mean Mitsuri would have to fail the course. Soon enough Mitsuri seemed to recognize the course that she was dodging the logs, yet got hit by the spinning ones as the wind decided to pick up, and every now and then she'd hear a log swinging through the air.

Sometimes she would have barely any time to dodge them but she used her flexibility to dodge and maneuver toward the ground before coming up again to strike toward the other pillar. 'I guess we should try and recognize the course before I forget.' I thought before looking toward where all the poles, elevations, and rocks were.

'It shouldn't be that hard…' I thought, but if only I knew she wasn't going easy on us pillars.

-A Few Minutes Later-

Every now and then I would get hit and struck by the hashira in front of me, yes I would rarely get hit by the obstacles around, but I wish I took more into the account of the elevations and where the rocks were because sometimes I would try to do a stance just to be off balance by a little. 'I guess I got to work on that…' I thought to myself as I continued to rely on my other senses.

The sound of a bell surrounded the air, and I tried to focus on where she could be. 'Found you.' I thought as I stood into a stance getting ready to attack. "First Form: Winding Serpent Slash" I whispered to myself as I felt others in the area, yet I ignored them as I leaped forward moving like a slithering snake before releasing several slashing in different directions.

Some were blocked but I managed to hit two or three strikes against something soft and a few against something hard. 'I hit something.' I thought as I backed away hitting my back along something. 'Damn it.' Suddenly the sound of the bells getting closer made me duck, and I'm glad I did and I heard the clash of a training sword break.

Suddenly someone put the hand in the cloth that was covering my eyes and pulled it up. It's probably made me look dumb as my bangs were probably pointing up. "Huh?" I said aloud yet it didn't reach the person in front of me. I looked down to the person's hand in front of me to notice that the wooden sword she was holding was broken.

(Y/n) seems to bow toward me before standing back up straight. She gave me a thumbs up before turning to the side as she must have felt her tsugoku's footsteps. "Hello, I finished making food for you all. °Also other demon slayers have come for this course as well, (Y/n)-san.° She said toward the beginning before signing toward the end as she turned toward her mentor.

-(Y/n)'s POV-
I looked around the area noticing that there were other demon slayers watching, yet I did nothing to dismiss them. Instead I let them watch. Suddenly Obanai took a stance before leaping forward moving like a slithering snake before releasing several slashing in different directions.

I managed to dodge some of them yet I had to block with my training sword a few times, but he managed to hit me in the neck, in the arm, and in the side. 'Truly amazing.. he must have strategized where all the obstacles and stuff were, and he seems to not understand where elevations were as he misstepped a couple times.

Obanai then stepped back expecting me to strike toward him, yet I was still recovering from the strikes he had made earlier before deciding to follow suit. As I was striking toward his side he ducked amazingly low to the ground. Without thinking I continued my strike hitting the log shattering it in dozens of pieces. 'Damn..'

'He passed.' I thought before feeling someone walk forward, but before I turned into the direction of the vibrations, I reached over pulling the cloth up from the others eyes. I then bowed toward him as he did an amazing job recognizing and adapting to his surroundings even if he couldn't see.

I noticed that the cloth made his bangs stick up and I slightly laughed to myself before turning over to Moki. She seemed to be talking to Obanai before looking over to me. °Also other demon slayers have come for this course as well, (Y/n)-san.° I turned, looking around before thinking, 'Yeah, I noticed that.'

I turned quickly to the left as I noticed movement from the side, but it was just Obanai moving the blindfold off of his head. He seems to nod before walking over toward the estate. *Where is he going?* I asked, turning over to face Moki.

She seems surprised before answering my question. *Oh he's going toward the estate as I had just finished making food. Are you going to come too?* I turned to the side looking at the other demon slayers that were here, before deciding that it wasn't the best idea as they were here to train as well.

I shook my head before signing, *I'm sorry I can't. I'm going to go ahead and start training these younger slayers, so they can be prepared as well. As you said we all need to get stronger somehow.* Moki smiled before heading back towards the house. *Very well, Sensei.*

I turn to the others before pulling out the notepad again. As some of them read it, I wrote down something else. •Tell the others as many of y'all can join as well, but imma train with hashiras from five till dust.•

They nod before Moki comes back with a basket full of blindfolds. 'Man, that was a good idea. I didn't even think of that.' I thought before thanking her.

'Alright let's get this started.'

-Matsumi's POV-
I was sitting on the porch of the estate looking over the pond with the other two hashiras next to me. "Is it just me or did (Y/n) merge her haori and Kyojuro's?" The black headed one asked as he politely refused to eat. It must have been because he had his mask on.

"Hmm. I didn't seem to notice that." Both me and the other pillar said the exact same time, shocking us both. "Huh? We have the same idea! So kawaii!" The two-toned pillar said as she had chopsticks in her hand. "What's your name?" She said excitedly again, getting the blackhead to look as well.

"Oh ugh, sorry for not introducing myself earlier. I am Matsumi Moki. You can call me Matsumi.." I said lowering my head toward the upper swordsmen. "Kya! Such a cute name. My name is Mitsuri Kanroji, and my friend here is Obanai Iguro!" I nod looking over to the male seeing a slight sadness before it was replaced with determination.