Chapter 45

-Tanjiro’s POV-
‘Don’t Apologize. You should understand, Onii-san. Understand how I feel. Suddenly I woke up. Everything was black at first, but my eyes soon got adjusted to the night as I woke up surprised by the ashy surroundings.

I lifted my head up as my thoughts ran wild at the possibilities that have yet to come. ‘An old dream?’ Huh? Where am I?’ Suddenly my attention went to the demon that was in my face as he started to examine Nezuko and I.

“Woah, you’re still alive, huh? You’re one lucky dude.” The male uppermoon said as he was scratching his face as he was still holding onto the sickles. “Well, you got nothing going for you aside from luck, though.”

The male demon said again as my breathing hitched for a second trying to collect the situation. He then leaned forward getting in my face for a second before he started talking again. “How sad, man. Everyone else besides you is pretty much useless now.”

-Gyutaro’s POV-
“Boar got his heart stabbed. Yellow-head is writhing around after being crushed by the wreckage, so I’m just leaving him there to die. He’s scrimming around there like a bug. How pathetic.”

I continued talking as this scarred kid had his hand on his katana. He then started sitting on his knees shaking as he looked at me. “And the male hashira was weak as shit. He was strong, man. But his heart stopped because of the poison. And he died, he’s a goner.”

I held my hand up laughing a little as I started talking about the female demon. “Oh man, that female slayer was a lot of work. She had me on my toes, but too bad I stabbed her through the side, slicing through it fully. I’m positive she is dead.”

‘She did remind me of Kokushibo… Her kimono in all. The moon on the left side with all the stars…’ I shivered slightly thinking about it as the kid looked behind him for a second. ‘Nevermind that… I better not get distracted… I feel like… this fight ain’t over.’

“Pathetic. Pathetic. You’re all so damn pathetic.” I said scratching my hands across my face as Daki was just watching in the distance. “You in particular, my man. So your blood relative was stuffed in the box you were carrying?I know, the blood keeps you close, despite her turning into a demon.”

“So older or younger?” The kid looked a little confused as he stared at me in disbelief. ‘This is getting kinda boring…’

-Tanjiro’s POV-
‘Why isn’t he killing me? Wha…My arms numb. I can’t get him even if I aim for his neck.’ I thought as I was panting heavily before responding to the demon. “Younger…”

The demon then pulled his hand up to his face before laughing at me. “Hehehe, yeah, I figured. Pathetic, my man. You couldn’t even protect your little sister at all.” This took me by surprise as I wasn’t expecting him to say that at all.

But I continued to listen to what he had to say as I was a little scared to speak as I was also collecting my thoughts on what to do next. “Well, whatever, you're a human, she’s a demon. And of course you're weaker than your demon sister. But anyways, you’re pathetic!”

Then grabbed my right hand holding two of my fingers. ‘What is he-’ “You’re the big bro,so you ought to be the one protecting your little sis, Not the one being protected.” The male demon laughed again as he then broke the two fingers that he was holding.

“GAH!” I gasped as the upper moon continued to hit me on the head before pulling at my hair. “Hey, man. How do you feel now? You’re alive, pathetic and alone. Your last ray of hope pretty much used all of her strength.”

I then got up with some of the strength I had left and grabbed Nezuko and my katana as I tried running away with them. I failed as I was kicked through a flaming building and was sent flying on my butt. ‘Ow…’

I thought as I looked up to the demon who was laughing at me. I then started throwing spare things of the building scrap as I threw some bags of plants toward the demon as well, hoping that he wouldn’t have noticed the kunai I threw at him as well.

When he finally got closer to n=me he kicked me in the stomach, causing me to fall on my knees. “If you become a demon, you can get stronger in a flash. Bid farewell to your crippled, fleshy body. Hey? Hey? Hey. Whaddya say?”

I pulled my head back from the force of the kick as I thought of something believing that it would work. ‘Never… I will never become a demon for the sakes of someone like you…’ With that I responded with something that would come straight out of a movie… or whatever that is… (Lol)

“I… I… Was preparing…” With that I headbutted him so hard in the forehead that he fell down backwards. ‘I hope this works… For Nezuko…’

~~~ ~~~
I'm sorry it took me a while to update, the next chapter will explain better why that is the case.