Chapter 72

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I got up after him before noticing that Genya was talking to him. Muichiro then pointed for me to get something for him. I looked over to see a lock of the upper moon's hair. I looked over to him to see if that's what he meant, and he nodded.

I then quickly went over there and grabbed the piece before I flash stepped back. I also managed to grab the piece of cloth that I had cut off the upper moon previously in that fight, just in case.
~~~ ~~~

-(Y/n)'s POV-
I held the lock of the upper moon's hair to Genya holding it near his face as it ate it. I didn't feel disgusted however I did look over to see the fight commence. Sanemi seems to unlock his demon slayer mark as well as Gyomei-san did. Sanemi had his sword to the side causing me to panic at the worry of him losing his sword.

I rushed forward without thinking, releasing my third form. 'Breath Of The Flame: Third Form: Blazing Universe.' I dash forward at blinding speeds as I perform an arching vertical slash towards the demon's sword. I had managed to cut the side of his face as Sanemi cut his hair.

'We are improving!' I thought as I stumbled backwards dodging attacks from Gyomei. He swings his axe up, cutting off the upper moon's ear. As all of us started doing our own forms toward the upper moon, we started to shred his kimono.

This is where everything seemed to go wrong as all of us got hit with another attack. 'Shit!' I thought I just seemed to slice the back of both my ankles. 'Move through it. Move through it. Move through it! It doesn't hurt! I lied, it hurts like hell.' I thought, putting less pressure on them as I relied more on the soles of my feet to keep me standing.

I looked up to see the disgusting upper moon with his blade morphed and deformed. 'What the hell?!' I felt the need to throw up but I continued to stand my ground as I stood in between the two pillars. "Gro-w-z." (gross) set alarm not expecting anyone to hear me.

-Kokushibo's POV-
I thought to myself as I thought about their pillars, physique and strengths. 'The black-headed one is a warrior with outstanding physique, he is blind, and yet… an ingenuous weapon. Through the echoes of the rattling chain he perceives the space and movements around him with uncanny precision.'

I didn't dodge the swinging axe I looked over to the female. ‘She was in great hands as she also had a great physique and very flexible, even so she is still deaf and hard to understand, but for demon slayer without their mark she's doing… great… If she were to unlock it as well I might be in trouble… she's already managed to slice me more than once..' I thought, dodging the pure iron ball that has absorbed as much sunlight as it could.

I then started looking at the scarred man and he also seemed to cut my hair, but not yet anything else. 'Mark tonight someone who received a fatal blow shouldn't be able to fight like this.. but for his speed and accuracy to be increasing..' I then got interrupted from my thoughts when the slayers pressed another attack. In retaliation, I morphed my sword, having two blades stick out on one side and one blade on the other.

The female pillar stood in between the two males, and she actually started to put less pressure on her feet as I did hit her with them with an attack. I was about to start another tag until she said, "Gro-w-z." I was shocked but yet more confused as she can pronounce her syllables yet not well.

The pale white-headed man just started manically laughing as if he enjoyed what she had just said. The black hair seemed to agree as he said, "Agreed." Before starting to counter my attack. 'I see. In all likelihood, this trio… stand for most and strength… Even among the pillars.' my next attack went straight toward the pillars as I managed to cut off two of the fingers of the wind pillar. If the stone pillar didn't move his chain in the right way he would have lost his arms.

-Sanemi's POV-
Gyomei yelled at me and worried as two of my fingers got sliced off my grip on my sword. "Shinazugawa!!" I then got stuck in my thoughts as I was gripping on my blade trying to focus on breathing so I would not bleed to death. 'Dammit, dammit, dammit!' I thought, backing up next to the taller pillar.

He gave me a look before continuing to focus on the fight. 'I'm getting slower with every injury. I'm not just going to end up a burden at this rate.. The marechi isn't working at all either! It should especially work on well powerful demons but this asshole… and his monster swings around that moronic oversized sword so damn fast!'

'Can I even avoid it next time?! Can I get close to him?!?' I started to overthink before a crow started flying above us yet it didn't say anything. The damn moon then sent out another breathing technique as it came out like multiple beasts like claws. It separated us pillars from each other for a split moment before it disappeared. I was in the air dodging an attack he sent another one.

I didn't have enough reaction time until suddenly (Y/n) pushed me out of the way, rolling forward before getting back up. I got up as well as he was starting to send another attack. 'Dammit! He's being so consistent!' I thought, getting a glance at (Y/n). She needs to sit down. She's already been in the battle with another upper moon, she isn't ready to fight this one. 'She is going to end up passing out..'

I'm worried as I was preparing to get hit from the attack that I couldn't dodge fast enough. I didn't get hit as (Y/n) took most of the blow cutting her left shoulder, but she managed to deflect most of it upwards. "(Y/n)!" I yelled worried, but when I looked at her face I saw that she too that's unlocked a demon slayer mark. It was a deep red similar to the one on the upper moon's face, yes it was more spread out as it covered her entire eye.

‘Not even gonna lie.. That looks badass!’