Chapter 26

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I was walking along the path as I started to see the sakura tree along a small pond. But I couldn't seem to find the bench that Sanemi-san was talking about. I walked a few feet before someone seemed to jump holding onto my shoulders earning the person who did it a small chop to the ribs.

I turn around quickly to see Sanami holding his ribs. *SORRY* I signed with a worried look. He looked at me, straightening up his posture before telling me it was okay. I seemed to be staring at him since he had to wave his hand in my face.

*You okay?* He signed confused before looking up to the sky to see the time. *Yeah I’m okay… I’m just not used to you wearing proper clothes as you alway show off your chest.* I chuckled as I put my hand to my face so I didn’t laugh out loud.

-3rd Person POV-
°I do have fashion!° Shinazugawa yelled as his crow flew down onto (Y/n)’s shoulder. “No you don’t.” Sorai (Sanemi’s crows name) said, angering the wind pillar. “Shut up you don’t wear clothes!”

Sorai got annoyed before he flew up to whack him with his wing before flying above him. “I got to see (Y/n) in multiple kimonos, and you didn’t!” He teased before flying away to the Ubuyashiki mansion.

“Stupid crow…” I grumbled before looking over to (Y/n) which she had a deadpan expression. *It was nothing… Do you wanna head toward the southwest village?* Shinazugawa suggested taking Obanai’s advice, even though Shinazugawa will never admit that he did.

(Y/n) smiled before running ahead noticing she had black waraji on. (Straw sandals)

They headed toward the town making small chat. When they got to the village, they were not expecting there to be a festival. Shinazugawa was just expecting them to go on a nice dinner, but now they decided to go out and play some simple games.

(Y/n)’s eyes seemed to light up as she looked around the stalls with ease since there weren't a lot of people here yet. (Y/n) seemed to notice some games and dragged Shinazugawa around to the game stalls.

The two hashira seemed to look around the area before Shinazugawa set their eyes on a small ring with an ice floor with people who looked like they were sliding across the floor.

*Wanna try it?* (Y/n) asked the distracted male before looking at his date. *Do you want to?* He asked not getting an answer back, but instead got dragged to it, so he just assumed that it was a yes.

-Sanemi’s POV-
(Y/n) continued to drag me over to the ring as someone approached us. “Are y’all wanting to go ice skating?” She asked us before turning to (Y/n) as she just looked at her.

(Y/n) nodded to the female earning a smile from her before handing them skates. “Y’all have fun! Don’t get hurt, haha!” She laughed a little before I paid her for the skates and then she walked off telling us where to put the skates when we were done.

(Y/n) seemed to have no trouble putting on the kimono even though she seemed to be wearing a tight kimono, but I was confused as to why they were so loose. *Do you need help?* She asked me before I extended my legs leaning back into my palms which were behind me.

I looked down to her to see her offering me a hand to stand up. *Have you done this before?* I laughed as she showed a small smile. *Yeah, I went a few times with Kyojuro…*

‘Oh…’ I thought before standing up normally following (Y/n) to the ice. (Y/n) seemed to walk on the ice fine, so I thought it was easy, but I almost fell immediately. ‘Wow! This is hard…’ I thought, concentrating really hard before looking up to (Y/n) who seemed to try to show me how to do it.

After a few minutes of hanging onto (Y/n) I let go and I started to skate by myself, but I didn’t seem to notice that (Y/n) fell when I let go of her. *Are you okay?* I asked skating back trying to figure out how to stop.

*Yeah, i’m okay, just didn’t expect you to let go that soon. I just got off balance.* She signed, giggling a little. *Sorry…* I signed, scratching the back of my head. We then skated for a little bit before deciding to try and pick her up.

We did it perfectly after I signed the idea to her, and she explained where to grab and when she would jump and stuff. But we did not expect for people to clap for us. I felt embarrassed, but she seemed like this was normal.

We left the ring soon after that. *Have you done that trick with Kyojuro-san as well…* I asked, worrying about her response to the question. *Yeah, I used to do tricks like that with Kyojuro all the time when we didn’t have missions to do…*

The atmosphere seemed to change when (Y/n) challenged me to a throwing game where we had to hit glass bottles. *YOUR OWN!* I signed aggressively before jogging over to the stall with the game.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
Sanemi seemed to pay for the game as well which made me a little sad as I worried that he would pay for everything. The man at the stall handed Sanemi and I some balls as he seemed to explain the point of the game.

Sanemi went first as his first throw hit the top bottle shattering it hitting the floor around the stand. I looked to see his smirk which he was showing me before throwing another which seemed to be a little too far to the left.

“Pfft-” I responded before covering my mouth. Sanemi then looked down toward the ball he was holding looking confused before trying again. ‘I guess he didn’t hear me laugh at him…’ I thought before he hit the second row of bottles off. Now Sanemi has one more row and one more ball.

-3rd Person POV-
Shinazugawa grabbed his last ball before throwing it towards the last row of bottles. The ball hit the wooden ledge the bottles were stacked on and flew back towards us. The ball headed towards (Y/n) as she easily caught the ball, noticing that it was heavier than the ball that was handed to her earlier.

The man working at the stall cat called her, causing Shinazugawa to glare at the man before the stall worker thought it was better to just back off.

*Your turn now.* Sanemi signed to (Y/n) before he turned to the worker, telling him to set up more bottles as he was already annoyed at his stunt earlier.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I threw the ball that I caught toward the tower and I hit the dead center of it, knocking down all of them except the two edges on the last row. I sneakily snuck a look of Sanemi as he had a look of surprise on his face.

I grabbed the next ball as it seemed to be way lighter than the last one I threw. ‘Should I loft this one?’ I thought, tossing the ball in the air a couple times. ‘I’ll just toss it.’

I then stood back a little as I under-hand tossed the ball in the air, earning a bad look from the stall worker as he thought I was being stupid just for him to be shocked at the ball hitting the back of the back knocking it forward.

For the last bottle I just threw the ball normally, shattering it. I turn over to Sanemi smirking. *I’m totally better than you at accuracy.* I signed before seeing his face turn red. *Shut up nerd…*

~~~ ~~~
Thank you all some much for reading this story this means so much to me. We all hit 12.5K views! That's a lot! I never in a million years would have thought we would make it this far but we did!

If we hit 20K I'll write another after the manga scene regarding (Y/n) and Sanemi's future.

Thank you all some much and have a great day! Toodals!