Chapter 40

-3rd Person POV-
The two pillars looked forward as they saw a ball-like object made out of a the sash that attacked (Y/n) earlier that day. “The thing about us is we fight together, and two is better than one, you know. Now it is an even match.”

“Tch, you all are starting to piss me off… You two are different from the other pillars I’ve killed up to know. You two got that chosen talent. The envy man, I just want to put an end to y’all right this instant.”

(Y/n) started to breath heavily but this was ignored by the siblings yet Tengen noticed this and took a step in front of her feeling as if he was meant to do this for Kyojuro as he wasn’t able to protect him. But Tengen feels as if he can repay him to protect his sister.

“Talent? Hah. Do I look like I have some kinda talent? If that's how you see someone like me, you must have had a wonderful life.” This remark made Gyutaro angry as Tengen kept talking as the female pillar stood behind him to the left.

“You’ve lived hundreds of years, yet you shut yourself up in this place. I’m not surprised you don’t know how the world works. This country’s huge. There are swarms of amazing guys.” Tengen said readjusting the way he was holding his swords.

“And there are some really strange guys out there. There are some guys who became pillars just two months after picking up a blade.” Tengen said with pride as he started thinking of Tokito Muichiro and Gyomei Himejima. Tengen then pointed to (Y/n) surprising her.

“And becoming a pillar with such a disadvantage gives us hope and pride and someone like us can be strong. I got chosen? Do you have any idea just how many lives have slipped through my fingers!!” Tengen yelled as he gripped his blades harder before loosening slightly.

‘That’s right… Rengoku was always ahead of me in that regard…’ Tengen thought as he got a glimpse of Kyojuro in (Y/n). ‘I guess it would make sense to see Kyojuro in (Y/n)...’ Gyutaro groaned as his sister stayed unusually quiet, but she just listened.

“Gnnngh… Then how do you explain this? Why are you still alive now? My blood sickles are full of deadly poison. But you still haven’t dropped dead yet, right?” Gyutaro started to get a little cocky but stayed in his lane. “I’ll poison you and then the two toned pillar.”

“I said I'm a trained shinobi, didn't I? I developed some resistance, so poison won’t work.” Tengen said with a tick mark on his face. (Y/n)’s breathing seemed to slow down as she calmed herself.

“The shinobi went extinct in the Edo era! Don’t lie to us!!” Daki yelled at the sound pillar as (Y/n) lowered her arms as she wasn’t expecting to fight as the other three continued talking. “Hm? Hmm? Hmmmm?”

“Hee hee hee, well, would you look at that. The poisons work, slow and steady. The whole not working thing was a bluff, wasn’t it lame.” Tengen suddenly stabbed the end of one of his blades into the ground and said, “You're wrong! I’m fine! Look for yourself! I never felt better! Wanna see me dance!”

With that Tengen rushed forward swinging his blades attacking Gyutaro yet he dodges it pretty easily knocking back his blade. (Y/n) in response goes on the left side and kicks the blade that got knocked back towards the demons again, slicing off Daki’s hand. “FLASHY!” Tengen yelled as he faked a swing toward Gyutaro’s neck, but ended up kicking Daki off of her brother’s back.

“Don’t you dare lay a hand on my little sister!” “You scumbag!” The siblings yelled comments at the two pillars as they had a perfectly tag teamed the duo. Tengen pulled out some more bombs and closed his hand and opened them suddenly showing (Y/n) as she got the idea of him about to do something with them.

(Y/n) stood behind Tengen as the bombs were tossed in the air around them. Gyutaro avoided the bombs feeling as they weren’t just ‘toys’ and dodged them, yet his sister grazed her belt along a few of the bombs and blew up causing her to scream. ‘That’s some special gunpowder, it has the ability to harm a demon’s body. It explodes from slight friction from a sword slash.’ Gyutaro thought as he suddenly saw Tengen’s blade reach for his neck.

The blade suddenly extended a few more inches, easily reaching to cut his whole neck. ‘He’s holding onto the blade tip!! What kind of grip strength is that?’ Gyutaro thought as he raised his sickle, deflecting the attack from the pillar. In all of the confusion (Y/n) took the chance to attack Daki as she was by herself and cut her neck off before appearing right next to Tengen again.

“My head got cut off! Shit head! Shit head! You’re so going to pay!” Daki yelled as she held her head near her neck. ‘Nice job (Y/n)!’ Tengen thought as Daki continued to complain. “This sucks! This sucks! Why am I the only one getting cut up!”

“Hold on.. You’re on to us aren’t y’all…” Gyutaro said, squinting his eyes at the two pillars in front as his sister tried to reattach her head. “About what?” Tengen responded as (Y/n) elbowed him, but he ignored for a second waiting for the demon to respond.

“Not that finding out about our little trick would do you any good since you're going to die a slow and painful death along with your little friend in front of you. Even now as we speak, we're getting closer and closer to your enviable death, aren’t we?” Gyutaro said scratching his face again as it is an addictive habit.

Suddenly a loud bang was made as Zenitsu and Inosuke bursted into the room through the opening in the wall. “Are you sure about that? Or did you forget about me? It is I, Lord Inosuke! Along with my trusty minion.” Inosuke said, showing his duel wielding swords forward as Zenitsu stood behind him quietly snoring.

-(Y/n)’s POV-
I took the chance to attack the female demon as she was by herself after the explosion Uzui made, so I went through the air and cut her neck off before appearing right next to Uzui again.

I suddenly felt the ground as three other people were coming soon. ‘Is it more demons!?!’ I thought before elbowing Uzui in the side just for him to ignore me, but I looked over to see that it was just Inosuke and Zenitsu. ‘Thank god…’

As I sighed in relief my breathing hitched as my lungs had a sharp pain rip through my body. ‘Curse my broken ribs!’ I thought as I used my free hand to hold my chest hoping for the pain to go away. ‘How the hell did I get hurt so easily? I’m so fucking weak!’

Suddenly Tanjiro appeared from the opening in the floor and squatted down next to me. He had his box on his shoulders and his katana already out showing he was ready for a fight. ‘These kids are really something else… I can't let them show me up.’ I thought as I held my katana up as well.

‘Time for the real fight to begin…’ I thought as I looked over to Tanjiro’s hand which was behind his back. He then held out his pointer, middle and thumb out shaking them up and down. This was a sign he made for me.. It meant, *Are you okay?*

I nodded as I breathed out fully showing no outside signs of pain but I felt as if my insides were getting ripped from the inside out. ‘This is going to be a long battle…’ I thought, looking the demons in the eyes before looking at Uzui.

~~~ ~~~
Thank you all so much for supporting the series we have finally hit over 25,000 views that made really happy that y'all are enjoying this as much as I am writing it.

I hope you have a great day or night and a good rest of your week. Toodals!