Chapter 52

-(Y/n)’s POV-
It was dark… really dark… too dark in fact… It felt like I was suffocating, yet I wasn't. ‘This is weird.’ I thought to myself, but not feeling as if I really thought that. Everywhere on my body was cold, yet that blood flowing through me was warm as if I was sitting next to a dimly lit fire.

I could hear things that weren’t really there, yet they felt like they were there even if I was born deaf. It was like a short ringing in my ear, it would start and stop, but it would start up again but louder. It hurt but I couldn’t yell or scream. It was as if my mouth was sewn together.

When I tried to move it was like I didn’t have any control of my body, nor my thoughts as random things would pop in my head. ‘How is miso soup made?’ ‘What was that food called?’ ‘Who brought me here?’ ‘Where is my brother…’ I then felt something small going through my skin, running something along it as it made friction exiting out the other side. (Stitches)

It happened again and again, but yet… I couldn’t move… I was stuck, trapped even… I felt claustrophobic at the place I was laying at. It seemed like an hour before I felt anything else.. Something was put on top of my chest, a little heavy, but I didn’t mind as it gave me a sense of warmth.

Another sense of warmth came to my hands as they were still against the dark space I was in. The warmth was soft, but the more it stayed, the more I felt like I was burned… ‘What is this… It doesn't hurt, yet my body is telling me to move.’

The warmth of my body would come in as it felt like hours to days… ‘How long will I be here.’ I thought, trying to flicker my eyes open, but failed as they seemed to get heavier. It hurts to breathe… but it is the only thing to keep me busy as the rise and fall of my chest and ribs.

The silence was getting too much as it kept getting louder and louder, yet I couldn’t hear anything. Maybe it was all in my head… that would make some sense… Suddenly I jerked forward looking around the room frantically as I noticed I wasn’t where I had been for what felt like weeks.

‘I’m not in the dark place?’ I thought before turning to my right seeing a tray of food dropped on the floor and a frozen Sanemi standing there. ‘How long has he been there? Is he alright? Does he need help?’ I thought to myself as I was going to get out of bed to snap him out of his daydream but someone from behind my softly grabbed my shoulder preventing me from doing so.

‘Huh?’ I thought again turning around to see the short female insect hashira standing there. Shinobu quickly wrote something on a piece of paper before slightly shoving it in my face before turning up to Sanemi, I believe.

‘Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?’ The paper said the writing seemed a little rushed. I felt something stomp against the floor so I turned back over to where Sanemi was as I saw he was kneeling beside me.

*Are you alright?!* He signed frantically, completely forgetting about the tray behind him. I smiled at him before noticing that my side started to bleed again. *I’m alright now… I think, plus I might need to get these changed. I feel it sliding down my side.*

He then got up and looked at my side seeing what I meant. I looked down as well and blood rushed to my face, I only had bandages covering my torso. ‘I- why am I dressed like this?!’ I thought, embarrassed as Sanemi was just staring at me. I patted the blanket just checking if I had some pants on, which I did. ‘Thank god.’ I thought as Shinobu seemed to read my mind and said something to him.

-Sanemi’s POV-
It’s been a week since (Y/n) has been emitted to the butterfly mansion, and I was told to leave the room so I could get some food, yet I didn’t want to leave her side. ‘Is this how she felt waiting on me… If so… I understand why you punched me.’ I thought as I playfully scoffed leaving the room, doing as I was told.

I entered the dining room to see the blue butterfly girl handing out trays to the other patients and asked if I wanted one. I said, “I would like one. Thank you.” I said, nodded a little before leaving with the wooden tray. Heading my way back to the hall, I overheard some runts talking.

“Man, he’s been here every day. Why do you think that is?” One of them asked, trying to be quiet. “I heard he’s here because he is visiting his girlfriend or something.” Another one said covering over their mouth expecting me not to hear him. A girl then walked up to the two saying, “I heard his girlfriend was here waiting for him as well..”

I was embarrassed but didn’t say anything as it would make a scene. I grumbled, “She’s not my girlfriend… just a friend…” I walked back down the emergency hallway as this was the hall she was assigned to at the beginning of this mess. As soon as I walked into the room to sit down and eat food, I saw (Y/n) jolt forward.

I dropped my tray startling Shinobu who said, “Why did you do- Ara ara~ she’s awake.” She said smiling as I stood there in my thoughts. I think I stood there too long as (Y/n) attempted to get up, but was stopped by Shinobu. She quickly wrote something as I just stared at the two shocked, but relieved that she woke up.

Shinobu showed (Y/n) the paper before turning to look up to me. ‘Oh my god she's okay!’ I thought, stepping louder than I should have to get to the side of the bed, opposite of where Shinobu was. (Y/n) looked at me before I started signing. *Are you alright?!* I then started gripping the side of the bed before looking at what she was signing.

*I’m alright now… I think, plus I might need to get these changed. I feel it sliding down my side.* (Y/n) signed, making me slightly panic as both Shinobu and I got up to look at her side. “It is bleeding again.” Shinobu said, as she turned around toward the dresser with medical supplies in it.

I then continued to stare at the wound not thinking of anything of it, until I looked up to see her face completely red. ‘What is that face for?’ I thought until Shinobu interrupted my thoughts. “Shinazugawa-san, Imma have to ask you to leave for a minute or two.”

I blinked confused, asking a dumb question. “Why?” “Number 1, I have to change her bandages, and number 2, she is feeling embarrassed since you were staring at her since she technically isn’t wearing a shirt right now. She just has bandages, so if you don’t mind giving us some privacy?” I got up nodding before exiting the room.

I closed the door behind me and I stood outside the hallway waiting to be let back in the room. I shoved my hands over my face, gripping my hair a little bit. ‘How the hell did I not notice she didn’t have a shirt!! I made her feel uncomfortable! I’m so fucking stupid!!’ I thought, hitting my head, before hearing Shinobu say something.

“Shinazugawa, you can come back into the room.” ‘Okay I thought, looking down just in case because I do have some decency. “She has a spare shirt now, no need to be embarrassed. *fufufu* ” She said, as she laughed a little at the end. ‘Thanks for the warning at least.’

I looked over to (Y/n), slightly flushed as to what happened a few minutes ago. *How have you been lately* She signed to me.

*I have been…* I signed, pausing for a second before responding. *Okay.*

~~~ ~~~

Hello good evening or good morning, how is everybody's day going. Mine's been good, got some English work done, smashed my knee against the table, and I have softball tournaments this weekend it's going good.

I hope I'll be able to squat before Saturday because I am the only catcher on our team and if I can't squat, I can't catch. 🥲😅😭

It hurts lol, but oh well, people are mean, I literally got smashed into a table because some stupid people my carpentry class ran into me bashing my knee up into the corner of the panic tables we were making.

Anyways enough of me rambling. 😂 Have a good day or night. Toodals!