Chapter 48

-Tanjiro’s POV-
I woke up a little chilly as the fire around me calmed down and the smell of ash was strong in the air. I opened my eyes to see Nezuko right above me. I then guessed that she was holding my head until I suddenly jumped scaring her. “Oh Whoa, everything is a wreck.”

I spaced out for a few minutes until Nezuko bumped her head onto my shoulder. “Nezuko, did you save me? Thanks…” Suddenly remembering that we weren’t the only one here I yelled, “The others!” As I unconsciously got up without thinking that my legs are too numb to work.

‘My body.’ I thought as I started to fall forward again. ‘How can I move? How am I still alive? I got poisoned?’ I thought before hearing someone in the distance. “TANJIROOO—” “That’s Zenitsu’s voice!!” I said aloud before Nezuko took that as a go ahead to pick me up and carry me over to where they were at.

“When I woke up, my whole body huuuuurt! And why the hell are my legs all broken?! Who did this to me!?! It hurts! I’m so scared I can’t see!” Zenitsu cowered as he continued to whimper about his injuries, but I am glad he is okay overall, to an extent.

“You’re okay! That’s great!” I responded, still on Nezuko’s back. “No I’m not!” But before I could ask the blonde anything else he brought up Inosuke. “I’m pretty messed up, but Inosuke is even worse! His heartbeat is slowly getting weaker…”

I panicked as he said this, asking if (Y/n) was alright just for him to point out where Uzui-san and (Y/n)-san were and Inosuke as well. “Inosuke!” I yelled as we got closer to him. His legs were hanging off the side of the building as a layer of purple poison layered on top of his chest.

“Inosuke!! Inosuke!! Keep it together!” I started to feel tears brim my eyes as I held my hand near his chest. ‘His pulse! It’s getting weaker! I gotta do something about the poison!’ I thought looking up thinking that I have the answer. ‘I know! The sunlight! The sun still isn’t up. A crow to Shinobu-san!! No, too slow!’

I looked back toward the bloodied boy panicked about losing someone again. ‘I gotta do something now or Inosuke will die! How did I get saved? Why was I the only-’ Nezuko’s hand raised up distracting me from my thoughts as she then caught him on fire. I gasped surprised until it started to burn the poison.

‘The skin that got inflamed from the poison!! Is getting healed!!’ I thought as the fire soon burnt out not harming the boy it covered. “I’m hungry! Gimme something to eat!” Inosuke yelled, surprising us, but overall we were so glad that he was okay. “Inosuke!!” I yelled, grabbing onto Inosuke forcing him into a force hug.

-Uzui’s POV-
My wives were around me as they all started to cry. “Noooo! Don’t die! Please don’t die! Tengen-samaaa! You too, pretty girl! You can’t leave us yet!” Suma said, before adding onto what she said. “We all managed to stay alive! And we won! No! Nooo!”

“What can we do about the demon poison?” Hinatsuru asked desperately as she held tears in her eyes. “The antidotes aren’t working! You’re so cruel, gods! So cruel!!” Suma finished interrupting Hina. I then started talking hoping they would sit down and listen to me yet they didn’t. “I have some final things I want to say… Up until now I lived-” “If you let Tengen-sama die, I won’t be praying to you guys anymore!” Suma interrupted me.

I looked over to the left of me to see (Y/n) laying on Hinatsuru’s lap as her breathing started becoming more shallow. ‘Shit! She is going to die if we don’t do something!’ I thought before I noticed that Hinatsuru was looking at me. “Fix up that wound on her side for me please. I can’t have Rengoku’s twin sister dying on me yet.”

Hinatsuru nods as she pulls something out of her bag as my attention then gets interrupted by the other two. “I won’t forgive you!” “Hey, shut up for a bit. Tengen-sama’s speaking now!” Before I could say anything else, Hinatsuru pitched in yelling, “Both of you shut up, can’t you see I am busy doing something important?!”

They both looked at her nodding an apology before they started arguing again. ‘Are you kidding me? Am I going to die without leaving any last words? I can’t move my tongue anymore thanks to the poison. Why is this happening? I actually have time to say some final words now. Come on..’ My thoughts got interrupted by the flamboyant demon girl from earlier.

‘Huh?’ I thought as she raised her hand up. She then put her hand on my forearm before I saw a flash of pink cover my vision. I was on fire, yet it didn’t hurt in the slightest. “Gyaa!” My wives all responded at the same time. Suma tucked and rolled over to Nezuko, shaking her back and forth. “What are you doing!?! Who are you!?”

“Isn’t it too early for a cremation here!? He isn’t even dead yet and you’re burning him! I will spank your butt. Your big sister’s really angry right now!” Suma continued to yell before I interrupted her. “Hold on..”

Her attention went towards me as I started talking again. “What the hell just happened? The poison’s gone.Wait.. Help (Y/n), she is quite injured.” I said getting everyone’s attention as my wives started to jump on me for a hug. “Oh course we will help her.” As soon as Kamado said that, his sister went up to (Y/n) and activated her blood demon art to burn the poison.

“I think Nezuko removed it by using her blood demon art to burn it out. But I really don’t know.” He said trying his best to answer all the questions I have had so far. “Your wounds are still there, so please don’t move anymore. I’m glad you and (Y/n)-san are alright… Well I hope (Y/n)’s alright as she is still unconscious.”

“(Y/n)’s alright for now, her breathing has gotten better as her breaths are not as shallow. But is that even possible? I’m so confused… No, wait you shouldn’t move either or you’ll die as well.” I said stating my mind as I kept my eyes on (Y/n), making sure nothing is different with her breathing.

“Good to hear that her breathing is sounding better. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, as far as I can smell. But I’ll go look for the demon heads. I can’t be at ease until I confirm that they’re there myself.” I sigh before looking back up to him. ‘Alright…” With that his sister picked him off and they disappeared.

“So who is this?” Makio asked as she poked (Y/n) as she was laying against Hinatsuru. “Ahh, this is (Y/n). She is Rengoku’s twin sister, as I told Hinatsuru earlier-” Suma then interrupted me again as she still had tears in her eyes. “My question is why is she here? She got hurt bad.”

“I invited her originally to come on this mission, and I am glad I did since she is a fellow hashira like me. She is stronger than me, yet she followed my lead. I feel like she doesn’t trust in her abilities.” I then stopped as I felt that I was rambling on too long before looking down toward her.

“I don’t want her to die as she is the sister of my best friend… I didn’t even know he had siblings if I were to be honest… Y’all met Rengoku, you know he ain’t much for talking about personal life.” I continued talking, surprised that I hadn’t gotten interrupted yet.

“She sounds awesome. And I do in fact remember Rengoku. His heart was so pure.” Suma said, causing me to laugh. “Yeah, imma go visit her when we get back to headquarters.” Hinatsuru said causing the others to agree as well. “I can come along as I owe her my life. I wouldn’t be alive if it wasn’t for her. Thank you, (Y/n).”

~~~ ~~~
Sorry this would have been out earlier, during that time of waiting I found out that somebody's car got hit by a truck and it hit the telephone pole causing the Wi-Fi to go out.

So they had to replace the entire pole. 🙃

Welp at least I got something interesting to tell you all about. 😁

I hope that you have a good day or night and or weekend. Toodals!