Chapter 21

⚠️ Trigger Warnings ⚠️
⚠️ A Lot Of Cussing ⚠️
⚠️ Blood ⚠️
⚠️ Detailed Description ⚠️
(At least I think so)

-Sanemi’s POV-
The closer I got to the smell the more apparent it was the smell of something rotten and the smell of something burnt. The air started shifting again as the air started to get heavier, having to shift my weight into the ground more as it took more effort to stand up straight.

‘What kind of demon art is this?’ I thought as I gritted my teeth unsheathing my blade swinging it a little. The storm around me started to get thicker when I came across the unburied remains of burnt corpses.

There was a winged creature sitting in the middle, and as it wasn’t looking I tried to behead it. It was easy until the damn demon disappeared. “SHOW YOURSELF YOU DAMN COWARD!” I yelled, getting quite annoyed with the snow sticking to my uniform.

‘Wait, the snow is blowing, but I don’t feel cold. Is this an illusion?’ I thought as I focused myself, looking up, left, right, and behind. The demon then came forward with its eyes as a different shade.

The demon shrieked a horrid sound as it made the earth vibrate, breaking the surrounding area. “Ew! What an ugly noise!” I spat as I unleashed the third form. “Let’s get this over with! HA!” I laughed as I continued the form. ‘Third form: Clean Storm Wind Tree.’

I sliced dozens of slashes around me becoming a whirlwind of slashes around my body defending myself from any stray rocks that tried to hit me. I look back at the demon looking closer in her eyes to see a crossed out two.

I threw myself towards her neck to cut it with the second form, but I was electrocuted when my blade came in contact with her neck.

-3rd Person POV-
“Agh!” Shinazugawa gasped as he landed, barely able to move. “What the hell is going on!” He complained as the demon flew cockily in the air.

“You’ll never be able to defeat me as I have three blood demon arts! HAHAHA!” Shinazugawa stood back up getting ready to swing at her neck again ready just in case he gets electrocuted in the process.

Both of the demon's eyes started to turn into the peachish-yellow shade making the illusion around Shinazugawa more dense. “This is really pissing me off! Why are your eyes changing, freak!”

The demon stopped swaying and looked the demon slayer in the eyes. “Your colorblind aren’t you~.” The demon teased as she then wanted to brag even more. “If you were a demon you wouldn’t have to deal with those ugly scars, as they could ruin your chances with getting a girl. HA!”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean! They aren’t ugly! They show that I survived and can kick your ass!” Shinazugawa yelled as he appeared behind the demon chopping off her arm.

When Jureir’s arm hit the ground, the surrounding area changed into a stone overgrown forest area that seems to not have been touched for years if it wasn’t for the ground that has been crumbled into pieces by the earlier attack.

While Shinazugawa was distracted by his surroundings changing, Jureir flew down toward hit catching the top of his head with her claws, causing a sinister laugh from the slayer.

“Why the hell are you laughing…” Jureir grumbled clearly annoyed that her “prey” ain’t screaming in pain. Jureir then stumbled to the ground as she breathed in the air for a little bit.

Shinazugawa then stood up straight with blood pouring from his wound even when he was using the breathing techniques to slow it down. “What the hell did you do to me!” The demon yelled as she tried to catch her composure.

“I have marechi blood, it is intoxicating to demons, but it can be more dangerous as it is like catnip for demons.” Shinazugawa said, laughing as he continued to walk forward towards the demon.

“Th-this is stupid!” She wailed as the slayer beheaded her. As the demon started to turn to ash the surroundings around the wounded slayer started to shift back into the snowy scene again.

-Sanemi’s POV-
After I killed the demon I instantly relaxed even though it was still night. I probably shouldn’t have done that, but my crow is near here somewhere.

‘It would have been beautiful if it wasn’t for the fact that my blood was everywhere.’ I grumbled to myself as I tried whipping the blood out of my eyes. There was just so much. Soon my crow came to me asking if the mission was a success, but a second demon appeared out of nowhere.

I was barely able to get out of the way of the large purple scythe-like weapon. There was a giant slash across my side as of where the demon had got a hold of me with their weapon.

I looked up to the demon’s eyes to see that they also had a crossed out number. “Tch! What the hell is it with you former moons today?!” I yelled angrily as I launched a series of attacks as my crow flew off.

I quickly defeated this demon as it was a lot easier to deal with than the other one, since it didn’t have any color based attacks. ‘Tch… Stupid colorblindness…’ I thought to myself as I ran down the mountain being complete with my mission.

'I gotta get back to the butterfly mansion to get patched up before I pass out.' I thought as I heard my crow ahead of me, but suddenly everything went black.

°

°

°

°

“Damn… Is this what it feels like to die?” I asked myself….

“If you are seeing your life flash before your eyes, then yes, but you're here, so you're not dead…” Someone with a similar voice said.

“Huh?”
~~~ ~~~
Thank you all so much for all the support and stuff. I keep all the good comments on my phone as they are in my safe folder for when I feel sad and worthless. I feel like I have a purpose to finish this story, and I will try to do just that.

Thank you 12DawnLight21 for helping me with demon designs and NoraLiechten for helping me proof read.

Thank you all so much, we are almost at 10K! That is so exciting! I hope you all have a good day or night. Toodals!!
~~~ ~~~

I feel like Sanemi would be colorblind, but this isn't cannon, I feel like it more of a head cannon for this story